Posts by Gerle

Mimi, is stemtex and parfilm brand names?  I've always used what was in Michael's or a local cake supplier here in town.  Have ordered some online, but don't know the name brands of those either.  I try to pull it as hard as I can without breaking it to get it to wrap around the wire, but sometimes it comes unwound.  And some of the pre-wrapped wires, when trying to put on a calex (spelled wrong, I'm sure!), for example, it will take the tape up the wire with it, causing a...
annaelisabeth...those are both adorable.  Great job!
Cazza and Cat, I think I have you beat on being the worst at wiring flowers!  I don't know what I do wrong, but they always end up starting to unravel at the bottom of the wire.  I just finished doing a cake for my niece's bridal shower that I'll be going to in a few minutes.  I was suprised that the little "spray" I think it's called turned out pretty good.  I still have to figure out how to download pics.  The cake didn't work out like I wanted it to, but I think she'll...
Have you read through the "Everything You Wanted to Know About Buttercream" thread on this site?  It's an old thread, long, but has a lot of really good information on it.  It'll take a lot of reading, but may prove to be worth your time.
I see some very pretty cakes up again this week.  Great job everyone!  Cara, it may not be your favorite, but as long as the customer is happy...  I think it's cute.
Can't beat the original recipe on the back of Baker's Chocolate.  The best in the world!
Ok MB, I have to ask....what does the CIA stand for?  This sounds like a really good book I'd love to get my hands on!  Want to make sure I order the right one.
Oh, how cute!  I don't blame you for not going down in price.  That elephant is adorable!  I do have to admit, however, that before I got into cake decorating, I didn't know how much work went into them either.  Starting to decorate as a hobby, I found out there's more work put into decorating than most people know.  I don't do the detailed cakes you pros do, but there's a lot more prep that goes into a cake than I was aware of before.
LOL, howsweet!  I'm also working on a diet and am hoping to get this extra weight off as quickly as possible.  But as I stated earlier, I have the biggest sweet tooth in the world and that is my biggest downfall.  I love almost all things sweet....except chocolate.  Chocolate is not one of my downfalls (unless it's brownies or german chocolate cake); chocolate is one sweet that for some reason I don't like that much unless it's milk chocolate.  Dark, semisweet, etc., just...
You can still love the thread.  99% of it is still good and what will be added after will also be good.  We are the ones at fault if we let a few "questionable" comments ruin the enjoyment we've gotten and will continue to get out of this thread.  I'm mostly a reader and don't contribute a lot because I'm a hobby baker and don't experience what most of you do, but I still get a lot out of reading your input to these threads....some is advice, some is good laughter, but it...