Posts by Gerle

LOL, howsweet!  I'm also working on a diet and am hoping to get this extra weight off as quickly as possible.  But as I stated earlier, I have the biggest sweet tooth in the world and that is my biggest downfall.  I love almost all things sweet....except chocolate.  Chocolate is not one of my downfalls (unless it's brownies or german chocolate cake); chocolate is one sweet that for some reason I don't like that much unless it's milk chocolate.  Dark, semisweet, etc., just...
You can still love the thread.  99% of it is still good and what will be added after will also be good.  We are the ones at fault if we let a few "questionable" comments ruin the enjoyment we've gotten and will continue to get out of this thread.  I'm mostly a reader and don't contribute a lot because I'm a hobby baker and don't experience what most of you do, but I still get a lot out of reading your input to these threads....some is advice, some is good laughter, but it...
asyouwish, the people I used to work with did the same thing to my husband.  He was always thin (before he retired!) and when my fellow employees finally met him, they asked how come he wasn't 300-400 pounds!  I used to bake all the birthday and celebration goodies for work and I always got lots of compliments about how good everything was.  They just assumed that my husband partook of everything I baked and, therefore, should "look" like he did.  He has always loved my...
FromScratch, thanks for sharing those recipes.  They all sound delicious!
Can you get her caramel filling in the recipe section or from a post on CC?  I love caramel and would like to try it.
I have and it really works.  Love the buttercream!  If I use a different recipe my husband always tells me "you didn't use the right frosting recipe".  And the buttercream looks super smooth on my cakes.  I'm still learning, but her techniques really have helped me get smoother looking cakes.
I use it for both cakes and cupcakes and have never had a problem with either one.  Love this recipe!
Well megpi, you do some beautiful work!
My hubby would be like you and wouldn't pay for it....I'd be the one who would - to a degree.  I love my hobby, but I do realize there has to be a point when I have to do without.  I'll probably get one eventually, but it will be awhile....or one of those times when hubby tells me to get something I really want.  He doesn't fully understand "caking" toys, though!!
I love this recipe!  Have to honestly say I haven't tried all of the variations, but I've tried a few and they've been great!  Haven't tried the chocolate yet because my family has their favorite and I've been instructed not to change it!