Posts by Gerle

Yortma, thank you very much for sharing that caramel recipe.  Can't wait to try it!
Yortma, that sounds delicious.  Wanna share the recipe, please?
Yum!  That sounds really good to me!
msbell21...my oldest son would love to have bacon on EVERYTHING!  He is a bacon fanatic!  But I must seriously try this recipe.  It sounds wonderful.  I'll try it without the bacon for the rest of the family, then with the bacon for my oldest son.  He will actually get it both ways and can decide which is his favorite.  Thanks so much for sharing this MBalaska.
Thank you for sharing this information.  I've always liked the looks of the birch bark trees.  I was wondering, however, if there is a method to do a birch bark with buttercream?  My future daughter-in-law doesn't like fondant and has asked for one of the layers of their wedding cake to have the birch bark look, but in buttercream.  They aren't getting married until next June, but I want to start practicing the technique so I have it down pat by the time I actually need to...
So sorry to hear about your mom's passing, James.  It's always hard to lose someone you love; you'll always have the warm memories of your time with her to keep close in mind and heart. 
I did the same thing.  I had copied her recipe when it was free on the internet, and because I liked the recipe and used it so much, I also purchased it to support her and thank her for her generosity in sharing it.  It takes a lot of time to continually test a recipe and make sure it works properly.  I don't have the patience or know-how to do that, so greatly appreciate those who do so and then share it with others.  I've received many, many compliments on her recipes.
KLCcrafts....I only use King Arthur unbleached all purpose flour and I've never tweaked the recipe.  I haven't had a problem with it at all.  Or maybe I just haven't noticed any difference in the crumb.  I love the cake as presented and haven't made any changes -other than flavorings - to it at all.  I also use King Arthur's brand of cake flour.  It's interesting to hear what people do with certain recipes.  But Jen's recipe is my favorite and the one I always use.
You can't go wrong with From ScratchSF's recipe.  I've had the recipe since she put it online free, but I also purchased it when it came up for sale because I wanted to support an American small business owner and I definitely feel the $30 was well worth spending for the variations she also supplies.  My whole family loves her recipes!!
Thanks, Gingerlocks.