Posts by Dani1081

Well, it looks like that even though she hasn't responded here, she's deleted her fb page and removed the photos of other people's cakes from her website. So she appears to have gotten the message and hopefully won't make that mistake again. 
Ooooops! Totally NOT cool! SJ, it looks like you've done some cute cakes -  why do you have other people's cakes on your website?  That's really a BAD way to do business. . . .
        My favorite has to be this one - I made it for my Darling Daughter to celebrate her graduation from the Regional Police Academy. It was a "work of heart"! ;)
Jason, are you saying that a bakery that does not offer allergy free cakes are discriminating against people with allergies? 
And by "act like a business person. be professional" I mean know what you can do and what you can't and don't promise something unless you can deliver it.  I think we've all had a chuckle at the thousands of photos on Cake Wrecks. . . .those are people that promised what they could not deliver.  Obviously a BAD thing otherwise they wouldn't have a website that is hugely successful.  ;)
Totally agree with AZCouture on this one. . . .if you are in business, act like a business person. Be professional.  And if you don't know how to do that, there are business classes available that can help some people.  Otherwise, you waste your time, money and risk everything you have because you didn't prepare and your business will NOT succeed.  You may just get sued for discrimination and emotional trauma- even though we all think this lady is waaaaayyy  over the...
Also, next time be sure you invest in a good quality of powdered sugar.  The sugar is what makes it gritty and you can't beat that out. 
Sorry if my original post made you angry - that was not my intent, but apparently since you singled out my response by quoting it, I will assume that  it did and I will apologize for that and I will start out by saying that nowhere in my post did I say you were unprofessional,  and I certainly didn't say that her number one priority wasn't the health and well being of her child, or that you should have made a cake anyway and taken the chance of hurting this child.  I...
My website, facebook, and my mouth all tell people that I do NOT offer products for allergic or sensitive people.  Even if I used the appropriate ingredients, I'm still going to be using the spoons, mixers, table tops, that I used on yesterday's peanut butter filling.  I clean things VERY well, but I'm not willing to take the chance of a lawsuit.  Also, I can understand a customer being upset over the order being cancelled the day before a party.  That doesn't give her...
The Cake Bible by Rose Levy Berenbaum  has a fabulous recipe for neoclassic buttercream, which is basically like IMBC, but it  uses egg yolks instead of the whites and it tastes wonderful!  I use alot of my yolks to make this - it freezes great and can be flavored just about any flavor you like.