Posts by zespri

Hi folksI am struggling to get a symmetrical shape to my madhatter or vase shaped cakes. When I carved this one, it was kinda lopsided when you looked at it from certain angles, though it's probably not so obvious from this angle:http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2309436/quad-bike-on-the-beachWhen I did this one, it was lopsided from one perspective.http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2324685/flower-pot-cake-for-mothers-dayThe way I did both of them was to put a cardboard circle...
mudcakes are very dense, which is pretty much the opposite of cake flour. No, never tried it, but I'd be keen to hear how it turns out!What's the syrup for?
Unless there is someone here also from New Zealand who happens to live in the same area as me, then it's unlikely anyone will know the brand.. But thanks anyway, I'll be interested to see how it goes with other brands.
Well I just had a go, wow it gets to temperature fast!The chocolate seems so thick though, does anyone else have this problem? I am dipping orangettes, and it's leaving a very thick coating.
Thank you SCP, I read a few different tutorials which said "add the tempered chocolate" which got me confused. I'd much rather use the same chocolate.
Hi folksWhen using the seeding method of tempering, is the chocolate that I add in when it hits the magic temperature supposed to be already tempered? Or is it just more of the un-tempered chocolate?If it's already tempered, does that mean I should just buy a block of regular eating chocolate to use as my 'seeds' in my un-tempered chocolate?
Can anyone suggest which cake ingredients make the house smell amazing? We are about to sell our house and I thought I'd bake something right before the open homes to make it smell good.I was thinking cinnamon and brown sugar smells pretty good...?
Hi ladiesI have a bakepop pan that my friend brought back from America, but I would really like another one. She doesn't know where she got it (as a friend of a friend sourced it for her). I had a link saved months ago for 'buybakepops.com', but that page seems to be gone now. Does anyone know of a reputable source for them? Obviously it has to be mail order as I'm not in the U.S.A.Also for those that have them, how many pans do you have? I'm wondering if two will be...
thank you ladies, I'll give it a try
I really struggle with lumpy batter for mudcake recipes. When adding the flour to the liquid, it just clumps into lumps. Is there a trick to keeping it smooth?