Posts by bellacakecreations

Thanks guys and thank you Apti for the strawberry tips I'm sure that they will save me some headaches
Thanks everyone I am going to experiment with the ganache and the buttercream transfer tomorrow. Hopefully I get something pretty close. I am going to try doing ganache underneath and then the whipped ganache or buttercream that way a darker chocolate would be seen underneath if I score it deeply enough. I'll let you guys know what works.
I thought about the whipped ganache as well. Does it harden or crust? Can you use an impression mat on it?
The problem with a Beast cake would be that he's not thick at the bottom like the Belle cake. Her dress makes things easier. For him you would have to do a central support and build it up. I could walk you through the steps if you want to pm me..but for the size you would need to go with a Belle doll cake I don't think it would be worth all the effort unless they are willing to pay quite a bit more. He is extremely detailed and I don't know how much experience you have...
Hey guys I was brought a pic of a cake and asked to make it in chocolate buttercream with dark chocolate buttercream accents. There was no info with this cake but it looks to me like it's chocolate fondant or modeling chocolate. I haven't had much luck making the diamond impression in chocolate buttercream (It never crusts enough) and they do want it to have a darker look to the lines. I'm guessing I could lightly mark them, wait a bit, score them more deeply, and if it...
Hey guys I was brought a pic of a cake and asked to make it in chocolate buttercream with dark chocolate buttercream accents. There was no info with this cake but it looks to me like it's chocolate fondant or modeling chocolate. I haven't had much luck making the diamond impression in chocolate buttercream (It never crusts enough) and they do want it to have a darker look to the lines. I'm guessing I could lightly mark them, wait a bit, score them more deeply, and if it...
I have a small clothing steamer that I use only distilled water in and lightly steam the fondant. The powdered sugar melts away and you have a nice shine without getting the fondant too wet
You definitely could. Just make sure you either coat the RKT with chocolate or crush them before so your end result isn't too bumpy.
I'm assuming it will be lying down like the attached pic. If it is then make a template from a real xbox on posterboard bake freeze and stack your cakes. The template will give you the basic shape and you can carve the curves freehand from there. Then cover and voila!!! Just remember less is more when carving and if you do take too much off you can usually "paste" it back on with buttercream. Good luck!!
Any brand in particular that you like?