Posts by Foxicakes

I wouldn't buy stands new just for this cake either. Unless, of course, you are charging for them...If not, you should tell the client that the cake will be done on individual drums, but that THEY will need to provide the stand that they want. IF they want YOU to provide the stands, you should definitely be charging for them. JMHO...
I agree with the no more emails thinking..Then, when she contacts you again, just explain that you had emailed her with a final deadline of Wednesday and when that date came and went with no response from her, that you assumed that she had found another baker. If she starts raising Cain about it, just explain that you have a busy business and were you to be out of the bakery doing consultations and chasing down deposits you'd never get anything done, which is why you have...
I guess it must depend on the coating that you are using. I use the chocolate bark from Kroger grocery store and add a tiny amount of shortening when I melt it so that it thins it a bit. Then I take them directly out of the freezer and dip them. (And, I may keep mine in the freezer for days before dipping them!!) And, I've never had a problem with the coating cracking...
It sounds as if you already have a "spoiled apple cart" thanks to the employee who already left. I would say definitely put an ad in the paper, etc to find someone to at the very least help with things that anyone can do (i.e. make batters and buttercream by following recipes).And, if necessary, cut back on your weekly orders until you find some better help for the decorating side of things. Then, call the two employees in and give them a verbal warning. Follow that with a...
Would Bill Gates share the written code for Windows? No.It is how he has made his money. Would Oreo give me their recipe for their famous cookies? No, they make people buy them. That's how they have become successful in the cookie business. What about Coke? Think you could get out of that building alive with that secret recipe for a soda??? I think not. Then, why is it that it is so hard for people to understand that your recipes are your "Coke" or "Windows" or "Oreo's"...
I, too, used to use the ""sprays" until I read something about an ingredient in the aerosol makes the cake darker. I then tried the pan grease and I am a converted believer!! It works better,in my opinion, AND it doesn't give the cake that dark shade. Not to mention its cheap and I always have the ingredients to make more!!
Really??!! This crazy woman has never even purchased a cake from you because she thinks that you are too "pricey?" AND has the NERVE to ask you to help out one of her friends?? I have absolutely heard it all now!!Personally, I think that you should just tell her how offended you are at her behavior. That you can't believe that SHE doesn't think that your cakes are worth what you charge for them. So WHY does she think that you are worthy to teach her friend?? Maybe you...
Absolutely. I agree with the other comments. $400 for four tiers and four satellite cakes PLUS a 4 hour delivery (2 there, 2 back) is a STEAL!!! Let her walk away and see what others charge her for the same thing. And, if they charge less, I would love to see the end product. Just walk away. And, if she calls you back, suggest that she do some price shopping, and make sure she is comparing apples to apples. I bet she'll change her mind and gladly pay your price...
WHOAH!!! WOW!! Okay, You definitely got the WRONG impression from my post!! I am 110% ON YOUR SIDE here!! Absolutely it's NOT YOUR FAULT. And, I'm sorry that you misunderstood what I was saying in my post. I was ONLY trying to give advice for you to pass on to the venue so that this doesn't happen again to you--or them, for that matter. After all, it was THEIR mistake, but it's your reputation left knee deep in sh@*t right now and that's not fair to you. Again, sorry you...
My suggestion to you would to be to set up some sort of checks and balances with this venue for any future weddings. For instance, if they have a wedding that chooses a package WITH a cake included in the price, and they check their paperwork a month or so in advance to make sure that they have copies of all of the contracts from all of the vendors (which they obviously don't do now, but NEED to start!!) on hand in preparation for the up coming weddings on their schedule....