Posts by All4Show

Here's a recipe for a strawberry cream cheese I've tried. 8 oz. room temp. cream cheese 4 T. room temp. butter 1 T. strawberry puree 4 1/2 c. powdered sugar, siftedThis recipe comes from the new "cake mix doctor book". I found your question interesting because I had made her frosting out of her old book which called for 3/4 c. strawberries. Boy. was it weepy. A big puddle right in the middle of my cake. She had to admit in the new book(pg. 33) that she...
My husband just turned 50 in July. The german chocolate cake in my pics is the cake I did for him. No "50" on it. Just emphasized his professional competence. He's in the legal profession. Then my onery kids blew it and had one of their volunteer fireman friends come in and light his candles for him; dressed in his bunker gear and complete with air respirator. Sometimes you just have to have a sense of humor. He forgave them and we all had a good laugh.
I found it brings out the worst (temper) and the best (thinking on your feet, problem solving, creatvity). I am excited to get up in the morning and try all the ideas that were floating around in my head ay night. Chin up!! I am sure it will be beautiful, and only you will know about the"little wrinkle" you had in the process. It will feel good to know you overcame it.
I have the same one, but really wish it had a bigger capacity to hold more fondant.
If you don't object to using a mix there is a good recipe for a "durable cake" that has been posted in the recipe section: 1 Duncan Hines devil's food cake mix 4 egg whites 1/2 c. water 1/3 c. + 2 T. veg. oil 1 small pkg. instant chocolate pudding 1 c. sour cream It's good for carving, but it's not scaratch obviously.
Fondant Source.com. Use "cakecentral" in the coupon code for a 10% discount. It is cheaper than Lorann's.
I guess I always make a ton of them at a time so I find it more practical for me to use the egg cartons. Practical = Cheaper. That's me; a penny pincher.
These are made with a five petal cutter and a silicon flower press. If you have any flower former or just left over cleaned egg cartons, just set each individual flower in the individual egg cups and let them dry and they will hold their shape. Then you can also put your petal dust on them while they are setting in the egg carton.
They are baking emulsions made by Lorann's. Hobby Lobby sells them. You can also order them on line.
If you just cover them in crisco and then fondant the fondant is really easy to remove when you're done. Then just pop them in the dishwaher to clean.