Posts by LoveMeSomeCake615

That's horrid!! 
Nice!We had a photographer make a similar remark about a groom's cake once, kind of a "that's it??" comment, my husband just said "Yup, that's what they ordered!" Thankfully the bride was standing close by, saw it, and said "I love it!" so that hopefully shut him up pretty well!
Not me! I will freely admit that I am a cake snob, and I can't stand grocery store cakes! We have actually turned out friends into cake snobs now too! OTOH, I would never be rude about eating grocery store cake at a party, and I would certainly never mock the cake. I would (and have) graciously accept and eat it, or tell them no thank you since I am on a diet (which is true!). But I wouldn't enjoy it!
 Oh my gosh, this is so true, That was so me when I started, I hated saying no to people, and it definitely did not come naturally to me to be firm in my prices and policies! But you do learn to do it eventually. Totally true about needing to recharge too! I'm an introvert and I have to recharge anyway when I am around people too much!This, absolutely. I'm still not where I should be on this, I am waaay too lenient on the deadline for payment. But for sure tell them they...
Yes, that's going to serve more than 20. If you do it to look like this one, it's going to serve more than 25-30 too, most likely.She can cry all she wants about wanting free cake, doesn't mean you have to give it to her. Stick to your guns. That cake at $160 is a steal anyway (We'd be around AT LEAST $400 for that). And she's lucky your shop is willing to do it with such short notice.What does your boss say about this?Oh, and a truck out of tiramisu?? HAHAHAHAHA!
Totally jealous! That's awesome, have fun with your basket of goodies! I LOVE Coach purses, I used to go with my friend to the outlet when she was shopping for hers and drool over them! Haven't had the pleasure of owning one myself, but maybe someday! LOVE Michael Kors purses too, they are gorgeous!
So true.
Yep, the more cakes you do the more you will realize what all goes into it! It helps if you just sit down and really think and list out everything you think you will need for a cake before you quote it, and then figure out at least an approximate cost for each item. That way even if you decide to discount it for a friend or family member, you know how much it should really cost. There is tons of good info on CC about pricing. It can be a touchy subject, but you can learn...
Actually $25 is at less than a quarter of what I would charge for a 6 and 8 inch covered in fondant. Our fondant cakes start at $4 per serving. According to the Wilton chart a 6 inch and 8 inch serves about 32.   The cake looks good! The fondant is smooth, I don't see any bumps or tears in it. You probably want to work on getting your tiers a little taller, the shorter tiers like that don't tend to look as professional. But overall great job on your first fondant...
  I have nothing to add, except SPOT ON.   ????????????????  Um, I'm a home baker. That has no bearing on my pricing. We used to have a storefront, and recently moved our business home under cottage food law. We have not lowered our prices since we made that move.  Hahaha, eeewww, baked with love does sound kinda gross when you think about it.