Posts by joycesdaughter111

There is a sugar cookie recipe in the beginning of Rose Levy Berenbaum's Christmas Cookie book that has lemon zest included in it and has a shelf life of several MONTHS. No freezing necessesary at all. I think it's called Traditional Rolled Sugar Cookies. They are delish!
Try Windsor Clickstiks (sp). They have an ejector. Global has them. They come in many styles and sizes.
I don't think the SMBC will take the heat. Maybe try an all shortening based recipe like Indy Debby's in the recipe section here on CC. Good luck!
I have revived semi-dried out Wilton gel colors with a few drops of glycerin. I use Wilton gel or preferably Americolor gels for coloring fondant and icings AND I use it for painting on fondant thinned with a little vodka.There is a product called Crystal Colors you might want to look into, though. Google those to see if that is something you might be interested in. HTH.
You can mix fondant with gum tex and get a modeling paste similar to gumpaste but that stuff is sold at Michaels, too.What are you trying to make? Many things can be made from plain ol' fondant.
I was just going to hop on this thread and tell you about this great moist, carvable cake recipe I use, but I see someone beat me to it! This recipe is fantastic. Stays moist for days and days.
My cousin does cake pops and pushes the ends of the sticks into a 2 inch thick piece of flat styrofoam. And there's this sheet of pink stuff you can buy at home depot, but I don't know what it is called. HTH.
Ok, you guys have me all excited about these compound flavors. I think some of the Lor Ann oils are good and some are not. The cherry seemed to have a very chemical taste to me.The compound flavors I found online were in 10 pound containers with a shelf life of 6 to 10 months.Anyone know if you can purchase them in smaller amounts anywhere?
I don't know where you got this, but I'm gonna try it tomorrow! Thanks.
Bakers Joy for me because it's so easy!