Posts by grandmomof1

Americolor gel paste and Candy Craft powder colors.
You had my curiosity up after looking at your photo, so I looked at some videos. It looks like it is done with a frill tip.
I think star tip around the base and on top it looks like overpiping with the rose tip. I personally, do not see a star tip in the top edge.
You need to add a little gum-tex or tylose to your fondant. I make flowers and toppers/numbers with fondant all the time. Rarely ever do I do gumpaste.
I made a 5-tier hexagon/round, alternating wedding cake for my youngest son. They loved it. I think the square/hexagon should be fine.http://media.cakecentral.com/gallery/761990/600-1289747903.JPG
What about mixing cream cheese with a box of instant Pistachio pudding mix?
Try adding about a half of teaspoon of salt to your recipe. I use a little salt in my buttercream and fondant.
Try using powder food coloring. It doesn't separate quite as badly, especially with the darker colors nor does it bleed like the others do.
Why don't you create your own label on your computer with Photoshop, Publisher, or even a Word program? You could print that off then take it to be copied onto edible image.
Why don't you create your own label on your computer with Photoshop, Publisher, or even a Word program? You could print that off then take it to be copied onto edible image.