Posts by Dayti

I don't discount, it costs me the same amount to make a cake at any time of the year.
I would think that the pipe manufacturers would use the same food-safe PVC for inside and outside, to save having to faff around too much. Unless the inside of the pipes are coated with something special on top of regular plastic/PVC. We would have to ask a proper expert opinion though, I'm just guessing...
Ah OK! I don't use mascarpone, but cream cheese. I use 200g cream cheese, 1kg icing sugar, 125g very soft unsalted butter which I add at the end. A teaspoon each of vanilla extract and vanilla bean paste. This stuff never goes bad, there's so much sugar in it, and it crusts. You can store it at room temp but it gets a bit soft if its too warm. If you put it in the fridge you can "defrost" it in the microwave for a few seconds, or just wait for it to get a bit warmer if you...
Depends how much sugar you put in it, amongst other things...if you post your quantities we could tell you better.
"Gagging for..." is the same as "begging for..." or "dying for..." etc, in a positive sense. "Gagging for" should not be confused with "gagging on" or "gagging over", which would both be negative 
I would guess that they are different thicknesses - the expensive one being thicker, for things like edible images for cakes, the cheaper "O-grade" being thinner, for things like making wafer paper flowers, but the best thing would be to call them and ask. 
I would cover the top 1/2 - 2/3 approx of cake in the purple fondant. Add the frilly ruffle "underskirt" at the bottom. Make a strip of purple fondant that equals the circumference of the cake. Cut your scallops. Add to cake over the top of the frilly ruffles and use your fingers to create a bit of movement in the scallops. Put the beads on to hide the join. 
I think the slippery filling of the bottom tier, and a combination of a probably not level surface and rough driving, made the bottom tier shift - you can see the bottom tier is no longer centred on the board, the whole front part of the bottom tier has shunted forward, the cake has come apart under the fondant. Centre dowels give a false sense of security - the cake just ripped through it. Your straws may not have been placed correctly either. Is it on a thick cake drum...
Most of us use a thin cake board the same size as the cake since it gives you a good round shape/guide to ice your cake up against - most cakes shrink a little on baking so the 1/8" or 1/4" gap you get between the 6" cake and the 6" board would be filled with icing. You would then glue the board with the iced cake on onto the drum using royal icing, ganache, or a smear of buttercream. You can do the cake straight onto the drum if you want though. And I think a decorated...
I usually put all my 1 tier cakes on a cake drum that is 1 size larger than the cake itself. So a 6" cake would go on an 8" drum, which I would decorate in the same manner as the cake. In your photo, you have a rustic type buttercream, so I would do the same effect on the drum or at least ice it smooth. An ivory or white ribbon would be glued on the edge of the drum to hide the silver. This would travel in an 8" cake box, and when you get there simply remove the cake/drum...