Posts by Dayti

Where are you located? I mean, which country...
Interesting Mimi and K8. I get that in cakes they don't smell but I thought that if heated they would (not that I've ever tried it with a cake circle). They get soggy, ok, but do you re-use them when dry or whatever? Cake circles are a bit pricey over here, even wholesale, so I can't see it working for me better than a parchment circle. It could also be that in the US they are a different product to what I use over here - they are about 1/8-1/4 thick, foil coated on the...
No, you don't need to dowel them. Just glue them together using royal icing, and glue your cake on with royal icing too underneath the board it's on. It would probably be ok for delivery, it would depend on the sizes of the dummies and cake, just to check it's not top heavy. But it should be fine.    You could stand on a dummy, and it won't break, don't worry!
I always use a circle of parchment paper too. I think the cardboard when heated would give off a funny smell which might permeate into your cheesecake, not to mention it might soak up any fat rendering it useless/soggy, so it would be difficult to get off. 
It doesn't matter what she "hoped" in terms of paying the other 50%. What matters is that she SIGNED a document saying she would pay 4 weeks before the event. Stick to your guns, and do not make the cake if she doesn't pay in the next day or so.   Also, why would she want to collect the cake a week before the wedding? She should be aware that the cake will not be in optimum condition to serve to her guests.    I say keep your 50%, do nothing further. Tell her you...
I would suggest the opposite actually. Water on the frills, let them get tacky, and then stick. Only a dab of water else they'll just slide off. I've only done them on fondant covered base though, so maybe you could do a trial run with the dummy left plain. But for a 6" round you would only be using about 12oz fondant to cover so it's not that expensive. Covering the dummy first would get the top covered, unless you are doing something frilly up there as well? You could...
The heritage/cooked flour frosting is another alternative that is less sweet. All frostings have their advantages or disadvantages though. Some need to be fridged, others don't, some smooth nicely, others don't, some are greasy, others aren't etc. What your customer might want, and what you are willing to make, are sometimes completely different things, and it's ok to say no to people. I do it all the time - you either like my frosting, or you don't, but I ain't changing it.
PME makes a bronze spray, which is the colour I see in the photo, not gold. It's expensive stuff and you may need more than 1 can for two tiers.
Maybe she wouln't mind white chocolate ganache? You can flavour it, or not, and do a smooth or rustic finish. Re. using marzipan, I think it only dries out as much as fondant after it's been on the cake a couple of days. You will have to use something UNDER the marzipan to get a smooth finish, just like fondant. On a rich fruit cake, its not a problem since they are not torted and filled so no gaps to fill in so apricot jam is used to stick it to the cake. But on a sponge...