Posts by Dayti

You could use a large hydrangea cutter or one of these rose cutters, because I can make out the pointy ends in some of thise petals on the cake: http://www.fmm***************/products.php?product=5-Petal-Rose-Cutter-%25252d-65mm You can make them ahead, yes. Then glue on using royal icing. Only problem with making them ahead is they will be more difficult to "fit" on the cake since they won't be malleable. You could certainly make some ahead but them do some fresh to fill...
Ok great. So now you just need to find a ring with the correct internal and external diameters. Good luck!
I am no expert on flower arranging having only ever taken one class in my life, but I think the Oasis has to be completely soaked in a sink first, then you would put it in the plastic ring holder thingy. I recall you can add more water to it once it has been soaked - you would need to do this I guess because it might dry out some by the time you've built the cake and are ready to put the flowers in, but you could use a little spouted jug/watering can that doesn't drip. I...
Probably a bit late now, but no, it shouldn't run or dissolve. 
Maybe she made it as a separate piece with a skewer through it, and added it when the leg was dry with the help of chocolate as glue? You would have to support the foot against something til the chocolate hardens though (or use that freeze spray stuff).
Try and get something like this? They are called Oasis Rings. You'd have to find out the inner diameter to check the 9" legs fit down through the centre of the ring when they are attached to the plate above, and also that it doesn't stick out the sides of the cake...
The problem is that where I live it's soooo dry, the Sugarveil just became brittle, could do nothing with it. I still have loads left. So I'm a bit wary of trying anything else really, and Cake Lace was formulated in the UK which is much more humid than here. Maybe one day. Good luck on your second round of butterflies!
Will there be anyone else there selling a similar product, or other sweet food/desserts?
I haven't tried Cake Lace I'm afraid (tried Sugarveil once when it first came out...let's just say my lack of patience and wanting-things-to-turn-out-right-the-first-time gets the better of me!). I wonder if you can put them over a piece of folded card or something else that will give you the folded angle you are looking for, and pipe some royal icing or melted white chocolate on the back of them? Wait for it to dry and they should, maybe, not flop back open again. I don't...
No, you are perfectly within your rights to not have to bake or decorate a cake for her again. If she does contact you again, you can just be fully booked when she tells you the date. Your business, your rules. She had no grounds for complaint at all.  To save yourself hassle in the future, you could mention cake sizes (diameter and height) to customers, just so you know you are on the same page.