Posts by Cakegirl313

I made Deer antlers using some wire and then wrapping it in floral tape and covering that in Gumpaste.  The problem is I'm afraid the weight of the gumpaste is going to pull the antlers down.  I have towels and  other things propping it up into position while it dries but I'm afraid once it is dry it will fall again.  Has anyone ever had any problems or helpful tips on what to do.... Should I be a ball of stress like I am.  I need these things for Saturday!!!   Please...
As far as I know you can eat gumpaste.  Never heard that you couldn't. I actually just add Tylose powder to my fondant to make the "gumpaste"  You can make the pieces anytime and let them sit in a dry place.  The best thing is to put them in either something cardboard like a hat box or if you put them in a plactic container DO NOT COVER them with a lid. They will sweat and go to mush.  Gumpaste pieces last forever if you store them right.  HTH
Are you going to make it a doll cake with Belle's body the cake?  If so you could always use the barbie type doll and insert the whole doll in the cake. Just make sure to wrap the legs and body good in plastic wrap.  It actually becomes a toy for the child afterwards.  I made the mistake of breaking the legs off the first time I did one and the child was so upset.   YIKES!   I have charged between $75-$90 for one of these dolls. Just depends if it is buttercream/ fondant...
Hey, I am trying to find out what is the best way to attach antlers to a mounted deer head cake.  The cake will be laying on the wooden back ground but I want the antlers in the air to look realistic.  Not just laying on the board.  I am planning on making them out of wire and modeling chocolate.  Any help would be appreciated!
Thank you all so much. You were a great help. I was able to get the cake done exactly the way the customer wanted.
Hey!  I have a cake where I have to have batman coming out of cake and it looks like the fondant is peeling back.  How do you suggest I get this effect  Here is a sample of what I'm talking about.  Thanks for any help . 
So I finally got an extruder. It is one of the push kinds. I used it tonight with gumpaste, but I don't know what the proper way to clean it is. Can anyone help please.....Thanks
I love "sweet dreams" idea. I think they would get a kick out of that. I might have to put that idea in my back pocket. Great thinking.
I love "sweet dreams" idea. I think they would get a kick out of that. I might have to put that idea in my back pocket. Great thinking.
You have got to love the freedom of making a mess of the cake. I'm sure it is a great stress releiver from all the cakes that take us so much time to try and perfect.!!!!!