Posts by scp1127

Are you putting down people who can't do simple division or are you assuming that the majority of CC members did not pass fourth grade math? What is your point?
To give Buddy a break, it is a cake he developed for Walmart. Can any of us develop a tasty cake for Walmart?Buddy has gotten huge and his upper income entire family has gotten richer. He has obviously decided that his factory will churn out cheap cakes for the mainstream to lower income families. I'm sure it was a sound decision from a financial stanpoint, given his huge national popularity. Most cakes are dry, chemically-laden, cheap cakes. This is no different.I have...
Welcome to CC!
passion, don't make the same mistake I did. I too, assumed I wasn't big enough and didn't call them until I was bigger. The minimum is only twenty units per order. If you plan carefully, it is doable and the prices are very good for such quality products.
A few night classes or adult ed classes in the business area would help. Some accounting is the most helpful. If you are self-motivated, a lot of the business end can be learned from books and the web. And ask questions of everyone you know who is in business.Here is another issue with CFL... sometimes people forget to count everything in expenses and it causes the low prices that are unrealistic in home businesses.Don't forget water, paper towels, dish soap, the time...
I agree with denetteb. Sometimes the lookers take the opportunity to look without pressure when the owner is engaged.I purposely have planned my retail store to be very laid back and to make sure customers can look all they want without feeling the obligation to buy. In markets when there are many vendors, like yours and mine, not all will be customers.I actually set up my layout to make sure that I made a clear path through the store just so that lookers won't feel...
Cookies usually have a shelf life of 3 days at room temp, in an airtight container. Can you possibly make the chocolate tops ahead and save the baking for the last available moment?Also, most cookie doughs actually do better if refrigerated overnight. And unbaked balls of batter do well frozen (and I hate freezing anything). But the cookie dough develops more completely with refrigerating and freezing (few hours to a day).
Be careful when adding the color. At this point, you may overmix to get the color consistent, making it tougher.I agree about the method. It changes everything.I recently tried fromscratch's for Tiramisu and Bailey's cupcakes because my cake recipes were not suited for cupcakes. It worked fine. But I do things to all of my plain vanilla cakes that make them different. I did them to hers too. My big one is to use 2 tbsp of Hennessy Cognac to the batter. I also use tons of...
Booze ganache is certainly possible. Just keep adjusting. You can keep adding chocolate. I do this all the time. Unfortunately, because my cakes are more homestyle and I do lots of cookies, cupcakes, truffles, etc, I don't keep any record of my ratios.Some other ganache adjusters are corn syrup and vanilla bean paste. Both will soften a too thick ganache and both will also sweeten up the flavor. With these two, chocolate, cream, and the liqueurs, the possibilities and the...
ll of my batters are the same for cakes and cupcakes. Some do dome and some don't. Also, even on Convect, the ones at the top dome more than the other shelves, even with the temp adjustment method some use.Only a few of mine don't do well in cupcake form. These are the ones with beaten whites and the very few with milk/cream. They tend to separate from the sides or shrink. Some of my tips would be to use quality greaseproof liners and do a test before. You can also give us...