Posts by Apti

MBAlaska~~LOVE the 1M swirl on top of a 1M swirl (roses on roses photo above) with the leaves.  When I saw the expanded photo I did a "DOH! [smack on my forehead] moment".  It has never occurred to me to do the 1M swirl "rose" with 2 different colors.   THANKS FOR POSTING!!!!   (Tonight or tomorrow I'm baking a double or triple recipe of the banana pudding cake you posted earlier.   My entire home smells like overripe bananas right now because I've been letting them get...
This technique is called pressure piping.  Although I do not do this, I'm fascinated by the technique and skills of what can be created by a master royal icing artist.  Here's a book currently available on Amazon:   http://www.amazon.com/Pressure-Piping-Inspiration-Lesley-Herbert/dp/1853918504
Don't know.  But--I would assume "not enough".  Since I hobby bake, I'm really lazy about keeping track of what a recipe yields.  Since I love having leftover frosting in the freezer, I always make more than I need and freeze the rest for the next time I bake.  One of the biggest things I struggled with the first 2 years of cake decorating was having enough frosting.   I would always have too little and finally got so sick of making it twice that I now make a LOT extra. ...
You're very welcome. 
Hi Amerced and welcome to the forum.  When I started here on CakeCentral there was no way I could navigate the recipe forum.  This is the Indydebi recipe I have in my files.  I have used it often. Based on recommendations from other users of her recipe: 1) I make a double batch so the beaters are totally immersed to avoid air bubbles, 2) I beat the shortening, milk, Dream Whip, and vanilla for 10-15 minutes BEFORE I add the powdered sugar. I refrigerate or freeze leftover...
You're welcome!
Yes, there is that.  I always want to go all out with different flavor profiles in the same cake.  However, since most of my hobby cakes are for family and kids, forget it.   Vanilla or chocolate or lemon.  That's it.  Anything else?   Nope. ....whoopee....
Oh man....that sounds sooooo good!    I have all those ingredients and cannot believe I haven't tried this combination.  That will be fixed VERY soon.   Thanks for posting, vldutoit.   Julia~~Dulce de leche is actually a Mexican/Spanish phrase for sweet milk or caramel.  La Lechera (Nestle) makes a fabulous dulce de leche caramel in a can that is available in the USA and Mexico.  Here is a link to the product on Walmart so you can see what the can looks like.  You MUST be...
Yes!   What she said!
Wilton product, 14 1/2 x 20 in. Chrome-Plated Cooling Grid, $10   http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=3E31510D-475A-BAC0-5C225A06A823BF35&killnav=1   Wilton product, 14 x 20 x 1/4 in. deep Jumbo Aluminum Cookie Sheet, $20   http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=3E3151C8-475A-BAC0-50B8A42E7D9581E1&killnav=1   I use the 14x20 cookie sheet as a "cake lifter" (as FioreCakes mentioned in post above)