Posts by Jasmin32

I'Ve never tried it but can't really see how it would work. You'd need to spread it on them so they'd have a messy rough look to them if you did?
Thank you kindly for your reply! I will mix this up right now   Jasmin.
Hi, I am creating a cake soon similar to the attached. It will have a few elements which need to be created and hardened days before I put it all together like the top fan and the edges on the bottom tier. Could someone please tell me what is best to use for this and a recipe would be wonderful. I've tried so many in the past but they either never firm up quite hard enough (slight bend to them).really hard to work with, or both. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Hi, I am creating a cake soon similar to the attached. It will have a few elements which need to be created and hardened days before I put it all together like the top fan and the edges on the bottom tier. Could someone please tell me what is best to use for this and a recipe would be wonderful. I've tried so many in the past but they either never firm up quite hard enough (slight bend to them).really hard to work with, or both. Any help will be greatly...
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to create something like in the photo, the cake off the old Alice in Wonderland movie?   The client doesn't mind if they're not square, she's happy with whatever is easier for me, but to be honest they don't seem easy at all!   I've tried tonight with some sponge I cut it into small squares and poured a softened fondant over the top, which I also added a bit of water too.   It dries with a nice dry touch but it looks so lumpy...
Thanks Queenfa, yes I plan to mould the cake into the shape first, I have prepared an image to help me mould the sponge to the shape. I am a painter too so not too worried about the actual painting, just not sure what edible tools will be best to use, dust, paste, ect. Thanks again
Hi everyone! I have this cake to make next weekend. I'm not entirely certain how to do it yet. Do you think black dust mixed with vodka (or similar) to paint the wolf will be best? Or use paste? Thanks so much in advance for any tips you may be able to give me
I can't seem to find anywhere online about how many macarons will fit on a certain sized cone. I need 1 tower with 40 macarons. From what I can find a 35cm cone will hold 55 macarons, would a 25cm cone be too small??   Thank you in advanced to anyone who may know!
I want to make homemade marshmallow pops for a market stall and want the best tasting deliciously fluffy marshmallows! But I've found a mixture of recipes online, half of which use egg white and the other half doesn't. I'd just like to know which one is better! I've not made either before so would love to know from anyone who has.     TIA :)
Hi everyone! I'm holding my first market stall in a couple of weeks and want to have an awesome stall! Have a massive table to fill and don't want it to look empty. So far I'm planning on having about 8 different flavours of macarons to pic 'n' mix, 8 flavours of fudge to picc 'n' mix and different flavour cupcakes. Can you think of some other great stuff which will help me fill my table for the markets! Thank you in advance! Jasmin