Posts by teddy0826

THEY ARE KNOWN AS SAD LINES.  USUALLY LOCATED AT THE BOTTOM OF CAKE.
HI EVERYONE, I"M LOOKING FOR ANY ADVICE THAT ANYONE HAS TO GIVE ON OLD FASHIONED BUTTER POUND CAKES.  I WORK IN A BAKERY AS A DECORATOR AND ALL WE MAKE FOR OUR CAKES IS OUR POUND CAKES IN MANY FLAVORS.  THIS CAKE HAS BEEN WITH THIS BAKERY FOR 20 YEARS. I HAVE BEEN COMING OBSESSED WITH TRYING TO FIX IT.  WE ALWAYS GET LINES IN OUR CAKES.  SOME ARE SAVEABLE BY CUTTING THE LINE OUT AND SOME ARE JUST SO BAD WE HAVE TO TOSS IT AND REBAKE.  WE HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING UNDER THE...
I work at a bakery and we have cakes that are left over or cake scraps.  Just wondering if there was anything you could make out of it.
What else can you use left over cake for besides cake pops?
Thank You everyone for your advice.  The person that will be buying the business would make a wonderful owner/boss.  I just feel betrayed.  I am taking this way to personally, I know.  I really have made this business thrive in the last 2 years and I feel this is the thanks I get.  I could actually see her not even telling me until she hands the keys over to the new owner.  Oh, well I'm just venting.  I just don"t know what I'm gonna say when the day comes.  Thanks everyone!
Thanks for your advice.  She has always made comments to me like, '' I WOULD SELL THIS PLACE IN A HEART BEAT IF THE PRICE WAS RIGHT."  or she would tell me if someone would give her an offer as well.  She is burned out from the business and it shows terribly.  There is only 8 of us and some of us do depend on this job as well.  I could see if this was a big corp. but its not.  Call me old fashioned I guess.
HI EVERYONE, I just need to vent and ask for your advice.  I have been working in the same bakery for the passed 2 years now and love my position and the people I work with.   I was made manager about 8 months ago to help out my boss who is getting burned out of the business.  I bent over backwards for her, the business and the staff.  It is a very small group of us as well.  I had heard from the cracks that she is selling the business now for the last 2 months from a...
Thank you all for your help!!   It was very helpful.
you are so right!  That's why I need your help.
HI Everyone,   I need your help on negotiating with my boss.  I am a cookie and cake decorator and my boss loves my cookies to sell at the shop.  I don't have the time to bake and make them at work because of the cakes. I am also licensed from my home as well.  I would like to make extra money on the side so I would like to make them from home.  What do you all think would be a good and fair percentage between the both of us?  It would be my supplies, utilities, and time.