Posts by crystalscustomcakes

I am doing a cake much like this for an Indian wedding.. it will be 5 tiers instead of 3.  My issue is how to do the drape/Sari.... I won't transport a 5 tier already stacked but with the detailing on the sari I'm not sure how to transport it in order to drape it on site once the cake is stacked.   Any suggestions?   The detailing will be painted on rather than piped, but with such a large piece I worry about how to transporting it without it drying out.     It's...
I have received several people wanting me to do a large order and have it privately shipped and pay by credit card.  I was wary of the 1st one and called to verify the cards and found them stolen, ended up with a federal agent calling me and ending up making an arrest.    Now I have another one contacting me... deaf needs a large order paid by credit card and privately shipped... Have any of you ever dealt with this and what did you do?
I use a basic Pam spray with flour and have never had a problem. For gluten free I just use oil spray.
I do do quite a few short notice orders. Nothing less than 24 hours! Though I did do one small wedding cake with only 14 hrs notice. That turned out wonderful and was a huge surprise for the bride! Picture of it is in my gallery.I like the idea of sending them a PDF for them to sign. I actually have a wedding cake that was ordered over the phone and they mailed me a deposit for it. I was getting ready to mail them a copy of the order but this sounds faster. Their loss...
I had a guy contact me by email needing a birthday cake for his girlfriend's birthday on Sunday... No big deal it's just a simple sheet cake. So I call him to finalize the order and we have it set for him to pick up on Sunday between 5 and 6pm. He shows up on Saturday at 5 wanting to pick up the cake(which happens to just com out of the oven) I tell him the order and email says the 25th. He says "No for today, her birthday is tomorrow". So I ask him to come back in 1...
You all seem to have the same thought as me. I had thought of refunding the cost of the wedding cake but not the grooms cake or mileage to deliver it. I agree with giving them the sheet cakes free as a replacement.Thank you for your advice!Crystal
I had the notches in the boards, they were still attached to the SPS with a bit of icing.... the cake slid off the board!
I had a wedding this weekend and did a beautiful 4 tier hexagon cake. I took a picture of the cake and messaged it to my bride before I left to deliver it. I use the sps for all of my tiered cakes. It was a 1 hr drive to get to my delivery, all was fine until 5 miles away.... I had someone pull out in front of me and had to slam on the brakes so I wouldn't hit him.....and... the cake fell. The whole top tier was smashed against the back of my seat on it's way down, the...
I am wanting to make a filling using sangria. I friend of mine makes his own sangria and I am g to surprise him. I was thinking of fresh fruit soaked in sangria.
Raspberry swirl is my customers favorite cake.I make a basic white cake and reserve 1 cup of batter then I mix in 2tsp raspberry jello dry and 2 heaping tbls of raspberries and juice from frozen raspberries then I blend that and marble it into the white cake.For fillings I like lemon cream, white chocolate or cheesecake with some raspberries sprinkled on top of the filling.