Posts by Rachel5370

OMG! That's a horrible experience. Thankyou for the heads up. They are one of the ones I browsed!
I did think about the option you mentioned. The only customers I will see face to face when they order are custom cake orders, even most of those are done over the phone- unless it's a wedding cake. I am concerned about taking numbers over the phone and writing them down- I would not feel confident in the security of that method. If it's a large order with no face time prior to delivery, I will ask for credit card payment online. For small orders, I like the idea of...
I know it's not a very sexy question, lol! I am soon to be fully licensed out of a rental kitchen. I plan to do custom cakes and other baked goods sold by the dozen. I want to be able to take credit card payments upon delivery of smaller items and upon booking for cakes. I don't have a smartphone, not sure I want one. I may get a laptop, but it seems cumbersome to juggle along with baked goods. I have been looking into mobile devices provided by credit card processing...
I made some really pretty easter cookies once, they were for putting in my kid's and stepkid's baskets and for the family dinner. They had the glaze with corn syrup in it that has to dry overnight. There were a bout 3 dozen of them on the counter. My 4 year old took one bite out of every single one of them! I made each of them a little different and I'm sure he thought they all tasted different!
You are awesome! Thankyou!
Wow, thankyou! I am printing all 41 pages right now. My mix is a commercial one, but I think I can adapt most of those. I can't put sour cream in this mix- it would be TOO moist. Maybe those substitutions could be for the oil instead? I will have to play around with it. BTW, I don't even know what is in a Harvey Wallbanger or what it tastes like- ? It does sound very retro though- I'll check it out.
Would you mind telling what you used to flavor them? Thankyou!
Those are all great ideas! I am going to order you book, but no time for that for this project. I'm pretty creative and have a good understanding of the chemistry of baking, but for some reason I was drawing a blank on this one. I was trying to think of "retro" cocktails and I got nothin'!
Hi, all! I am sponsoring an event for a local mom's group. It's a "Mad Men" themed cocktail party. I told the organizer of the event I had never watched the show and needed ideas. She said the show is set in the 60's and the character's drink alot of alcoholic beverages. We decided to go with the cocktail theme. I am making a small martini themed topsy-turvy cake and some mini-cupcakes. I use a commercial mix, so the flavoring would need to either replace the water or the...
Here in Colorado, it's required to get a seperate license. It's the same exact application, the same fee and the same process as if I were having my own kitchen inspected for the first time. It tends to be a little less involved if it's a kitchen that is licensed, because you can duplicate much of the info from the original application. The application here, and probably many other places as well, includes details about the facility like the rate of water flow from every...