Posts by LindaF144a

No there not. What you need is practice. Most scratch cakes that are dense are from first time scratch bakers. Go to you local library and research scratch baking, read everything you can online also and experiment. I make a scratch cake that is just as light and fluffy as any cake box.It is more about the process than the ingredients, including using the egg white/sugar thing. If you get the process down correctly, you too can make light and fluffy scratch cakes.
I believe you gumminess comes from the melted white chocolate. Not all cake mixes translate well to cupcakes. If you have gumminess try finding a base recipe without the white chocolate in it. It is a good idea to not use that as your base anyway as every one you use will have that base flavor that some people can detect.And as for the liners peeling away, I responded on another post about my experience when we made 1,000 mini cupcakes using 2 different kinds of pans. ...
I made 1,000 mini cupcakes a week ago for a charity food festival. I used mostly my real heavy duty commercial pans, but needed more so I bought 8 of the Wilton mini pans to make sure I had enough. I knew exactly which pans were used for which flavor. The ones made in the Wilton pans had the liners peel away. This did not happen on any of the heavy duty pans. I believe it is not a matter of underbaking like I used to think, but that the average home pan does not get...
Sorry I worded it wrong. The combination of pumpkin and oil is too much. The oil should be reduced, not the pumpkin.
Sorry, I worded my message wrong! My cake shop is NOT in the NYC area. I am upstate and we have not had the law passed here. Although the major grocery store up here has promoted that in their frosting, so I do the same. Plus I do not like soy and I do not want to eat transfat myself, so I did my own personal ban on the product.Sorry to confuse you.
I have not read all the responses to it, but here is my take on this recipe.The oil and the pumpkin are too much liquid fat. Try converting it to using butter. And try using the creaming method instead. I don't like this method at all for a cake. That is more of a quick bread, muffin method. Also it is way overleavened. I would suggesting cutting it down to about 1.5 tsps of each, given the amount of flour. The amount in this recipe is enough for 8 cups of flour. ...
delete. Not talking about the same thing as the OP and I don't feel like arguing with a stranger either.
I have luck when I add a bit of shortening to white chocolate. I don't know why it just works.
My cake shop is in NY, NYC area and I have not been informed of any law that says I can't use transfat. But having said that I do use Sweetex Z because I want to go transfat free. It is softer andmore temperature sensitive. Luckily it has been cooler outside lately.Leah once said in another message that she had good luck with Bunta. But I thought Sweetex was fat. So I'm a bit confused. Does the cream add a different kind of fat that would be helpful?
We make about 400 cupcakes a day. I find this happens when they are shoved in the sleeve from the manufacturer and come out a little wonky. But I know that my liners fit my pan. We get this every so often, but had one sleeve where the liners actually came out of it square instead of round. Thank goodness it was just the one sleeve. 95% of the time they are perfect.As for the home market shopping size liners, it is definitely the pan/cup size difference thing.