Posts by MariaK38

I like the Chocomaker melts (in 2 lb.bags at HL or Flower Factory).  It's actually fountain ready chocolate, but they work great for cake pops, too.  Stays very liquidy after melting for a good amount of time, extra drips off the pop very well, and sets up quickly. For white chocolate, I still like the Chocomaker, but if I need a white white color (like for wedding cake pops), I like Merckens super white, just add some paramount crystals if needed to thin out a bit.
mareg, yes, you can add coloring to white melts.  but make sure you get the coloring intended for chocolate, not icing.
Thanks Jason!
I can't recall if they're greaseproof, but I love the white Reynolds liners.  When I want to dress them up I use the white/foil ones.  You can get them at most groceries or in a box of 500 at GFS if you have one near you.
Do you guys think that the licensed edible premade sugar decorations (from Luck's or DecoPac) would legally be the same type of thing as a figurine?  I like to use them on cupcakes and cake pops I sell.
A custom cake/cookie/cupcake maker and decorator will never be able to compete with a grocery store, and they shouldn't have to or want to.  Bakery items at a grocery store are a loss leader... they make no money on those cakes, etc., and they know this.  They get people in the door to pick up things they've ordered from the bakery (at a loss), and while they're there, they get other marked up items (ice cream, plates, party supplies, etc.).  It's kind of like "bait."...
Wilton has some out, but they're not completely clear.  They're white with a clear circular window in the front.  http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=94D539DE-E915-600A-4C5B16B1E0E1ABC2&fid=FC5E79A1-09E3-8F94-11A9307475B955C2
Re: the refrigeration question... if you make them with cream cheese, they need to be refrigerated until serving.  I made some with icing so I didn't have to refrigerate them and they turned out great.  I thought they would be over the top sweet but they weren't at all.  
I use a fountain ready/fondue chocolate melt from Chocomaker.  You can get it in 2 lb. bags at Hobby Lobby or The Flower Factory or online.  It melts down so smooth and liquidy and is so easy for dipping.  And the cake pop comes out looking so smooth when dry. Good luck to you!
Hello!  I'm having an issue I can't find the answer for and hope you can help me!  I made some lego heads and two tiered wedding cakes cake pops out of chocolate dough today and dipped the legos in yellow melts and the cakes in white Merckens melts.   The issue I'm having is that the chocolate cake is showing through the light colored chocolate, kind of like a shadow.  The pop is totally covered, but you can tell that the cake is chocolate underneath.   So I tried...