Posts by MsGF

I think making fondant sucks. Sorry just my own opinion based on personal experience. LOL I buy ready made fondant and gum paste. I use Satin Ice. It is always predictable, easy to work with and the taste isn't too bad. Making and decorating a cake is enough work and takes enough time without adding in fondant making too. I have made MMF but didn't feel it was worth the effort. Anyway that is only my opinion. Lot's of people like and even enjoy making fondant,...
Check out this one:http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2289302/clam-cakeIt looks like 2 round cakes, with the sides carved and covered in fondant. I don't know how to do it, but maybe someone else does. Or PM the poster.It is a start anyway. HTHHappy Baking & Good Luck!
Very nice job. You did really well. I like them. I too just tried decorating cookies with royal icing for the first time. I see so many beautifully decorated cookies on this site I had to try. I made Shamrock Cookies and tried to keep them simple, but I have a new found respect for all the cookie decorators on here. It took forever, at least it felt like forever. I was pleased with the outcome. Not sure if I'd sell them or not. I want to charge $6 a cookie for all...
Wow; very inappropriate Ilikepie. We should strive to be kind ALWAYS! Even when it is hard. Shame on you.Anyhow I feel your prices are a little low, and when you have your CakeBoss Software filled up the prices will change. But I believe your quote was more than reasonable and fair for the amount of product and work involved.Don't feel bad when people pass you over for another baker or Wal-Mart. People get what they pay for.Good Luck & Happy Baking
It seems the only ones with lids are plastic not paper. Can't bake in that.Good Luck on your hunt.
Check out this link, scroll down. Is this what you are looking for?http://www.webstaurantstore.com/721/plastic-souffle-portion-cups-lids.html
The flowers will stay on, I do it like that with no problem. I cover very few cakes with fondant. But I do make flowers and other things with fondant/gum paste and stick them onto my buttercream cake. Just don't use too much BC to stick the flowers on. Good LuckHope that helps, post pics, it is a beautiful cake.Take Care
That cake is done in buttercream. Stick the flowers on with a tiny dot of the icing. Not too much, you don't want it to show.For the sharp edges I agree with Rose_N_Crantz.Have Fun.
carmijok; you are welcome to sit out the storm in my basement ! LOL While your down there would you do some laundry?! LOL Anyway, I'm in Eastern Ontario too and I am licensed and all that jazz.The rules in Canada, even Ontario vary greatly from place to place. Luckily it was a simple process in my town.Good Luck to the rest of you, I love working from home.Happy Baking
It is not just the increased cost of the different baking ingredients, and the different method of baking. You need to consider the serious risk of cross contamination. That is a very real and serious problem for us Gluten-Free peeps. It's complicated. I only bake Gluten-Free so it is easier for me. People ask me if I will make them a "regular" cake and I say no, every time. I will not risk the cross contamination. None of my supplies for baking or decorating have...