Posts by MsGF

Check out this website and recipes, maybe it will help:   http://recipes.splenda.com/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&query=cupcakes&commit=Search
There is no picture or link to look at.
I have Celiac Disease and I always use Satin Ice Fondant & Gum Paste.   Satin Ice is Gluten-Free.
I never grease my pans, just parchment on the bottom.  I will occasionally line the sides with parchment as well, depends on the cake.   Since we all do different things, and everyone has a reason, do what you are comfortable with.  Or experiment a bit then use the method that works best for you.   Every baker will have different answers, but we do what works for us.  I don't believe there are any hard, fast rules.
Thanks enga, that is very pretty.    I will save it.   Gets me thinking.    Thanks
I like the Art Deco idea, but it's not Mom's style.  She has seen me looking at those style cakes and she said she didn't like them.  But it would look awesome.   I like the silver & white idea with the green being an accent.  It is an overwhelming colour.  I like the gem/isomalt idea.   I've been searching emerald jewelry and wedding inspiration boards.    I will keep looking.   Thanks for the help.
Very good plan.  I want to see their old wedding photos, the cake for sure.  But my Mom is no fool, if I ask or suggest we look at them she will be on to us like like a fly to s#@t  - this is a surprise, we hope.  LOL     I was thinking of isomalt gems.  I will keep thinking.  Sometimes I surprise myself.   Thanks for the tips and advice.  Will definitely be taking it to heart.
Hey Everyone;   My parents will be celebrating their 55th Wedding Anniversary next year and we (the children) are planning a little gathering of friends and family.  I am in charge of the cake, as usual.   I have been looking for weeks, on-line and everywhere for inspiration and direction.  Not having any luck.  The 55th Anniversary is Emerald, I've seen different cakes that I liked but when I think of incorporating emerald green into the design I'm usually lost right...
Look at this site:   http://recipes.splenda.com/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&query=frosting&commit=Search   They have cake recipes to.
Well said Sweettia.  Couldn't have said it better myself.