Posts by MsGF

Sorry you had a bad experience.  Boundaries need to be set prior to starting your business.  I work from home and still really enjoy it.  But I have rules I stick with as to not end up like you feel.   I don't sell my cakes cheap and I only commit to 1 cake a week.  And if I have a family function one weekend and I get a cake call I say sorry I'm booked that week.   I require at least 2 weeks notice for simple cakes more notice for large cakes.  I too am not in it for...
I agree, go with a mix.  It will cost a fortune to buy every ingredient separately.    I love that you are trying to include everyone.
Best of luck to you. Keep your boundaries and proceed with caution.   I agree with maybenot,  and since you've been caking a long time, your brother should be well aware of the time and effort involved in putting together a great cake.  So if he and his wife can't get back to you with an appropriate amount of time to make this cake, I wouldn't do it.   I have time limits for all my customers, they don't follow them, I don't chase them, they get no cake, I'm very clear with...
After reading all the posts, I still stand by my own thoughts.   I can't imagine your brother would ask for a cake and then not invite you to his wedding.   That is really cold.   I would say yes, then stipulate that he must come over for a chat first, to talk about life and the cake.  Only then will you know where he stands on your relationship.   We can't help who we fall in love with even when it hurts others, but people need to keep moving forward.  Holding grudges...
I'm with K8 & kkmcmahan.   The cake would be a gift of love and from the heart.  I have 2 son's that don't talk, and as the parent it's awful.  When I and their father are gone they are all they have and I would like them to work stuff out and get along.  They don't have to be best buds, just be there for each other.   Maybe things will get worked out while you sit down and with them to work out the cake design.  And maybe his wife to be will be a driving force in having...
Definitely airbrushed.   
Well, I'M A MYSTERY,  just like kkmcmahan.     We can keep them guessing together in our mysterious way!!   LOL
If there was a problem with the cake you would hear about it immediately.   So no news is good news. And I agree 100% with K8memphis.
I think no matter where in Ontario you are located your rules will differ.  I have a Health Inspected kitchen in my home that I sell cakes from.   The most irritating thing is that each person is getting different info from their local Health Department.   My Health guy said that as soon as you advertise that you sell cakes from home the kitchen you use is now considered "commercial"  and they have the right to inspect.   If you want to sell cakes from home your...
I wouldn't normally attach "Ordering A Custom Cake" info to an email.  I only suggested it because it is someone she knows.  Not really a stranger.   I try not to take these type of comments personally, for me this is business.  I know that not everyone can afford one of my cakes and that is fine, I say sorry I can't help you this time, but I hope to serve you in the future & have an awesome day.   I keep my replies to difficult people short and sweet, because you...