Posts by Pearl645

So I finally got to use Cupcaketree.com's large square cupcake stands today! It's been years since I've been visiting their website hoping to one day use their stands. It was quite easy to set up and looked great once the cake and cupcakes went on. On it's on it is a very plain white cardboard stand. Luckily it was decorated with fabric and diamante trim on ends.   The learning experience with this was that the cardboard base pieces were not strong enough to support...
  Hi all, Do you know what type of flower this is?
I do like this idea of tent cards. Never thought of it. The only challenge i have is that the part order for the cupcakes, cookies etc falls way below my minimum order value for weddings. If she took the wedding cake along with items it would have been profitable. I'm not the fastest person in the kitchen so what takes someone a day would need to be spread out over 2 days for me or even more so I can only take on a couple jobs a week. Hence I only take on high paying...
Thanks for all the advice. The events planner and bride work at the same company which is also part of the same head company which controls the large cake company that will be doing her cake. The email I received explained that because the bride works in the same group of companies, the large cake company is "donating her wedding cake as a gift". I wasn't aware any cake company here gave away a free wedding cake to someone who isn't directly working with them but I will...
Hi all, I need some advice. An events planner met with me 2 weeks ago for a wedding cake, cupcakes, cookies, etc. The events planner said the 1st cake person she went to was very unprofessional and refused to give them cake samples which led them to me. Unfortunately for them my price was twice that of what she said the 1st cake person quoted. She then asked me to make it work with the quoted price from the 1st person. I couldn't for many reasons such as more expensive...
Yes this is the problem I am still battling with sadly. I have come to realize after many recent attempts that F is not going to work for my cut-outs and is only good for covering cakes. Unfortunately, I bought all the 10lb buckets of each colour because I needed them for orders and now realize I can't use them for the purpose which I bought them which is to make gum paste with Tylose. I don't like heavy colouring in my gum paste as it makes it bitter so I thought by...
tThank you savannahquinn!
I tried this as well and still had no luck. I wrote Laura at Fondarific and she gave me advice. My kitchen is about 80-90s temperature and I used tappit letters on the fondant and came back an hour later and it was still soft. Didn't hold shape and mashed up when I picked up. Was running out of time so I used a box of Wilton ready to roll fondant and added tylose. Was able to use immediately and it dried quick enough for me to pick up and place on cake.I must be doing...
Hi everyone!   I'm looking for some fun ideas for a cotton candy-themed birthday cake! It's actually for my 27th birthday and I am obsessed with cotton candy so that's my theme.   I know yal have done almost everything design and theme here so I know coming here is the best idea then google search.   Has anyone done anything like this before and used cotton candy on their cake and got really nice results? Does it hold up in temperatures in the 80s at night? ...
Hi Laura,   Thanks for getting in touch with me. I will email you. I am in a very hot climate so heat could be an issue. Thanks for recommending to leave it to set a little before I pick up. I'd really like to make this work and I'm sure the reviews I read were honest and correct which is why I bought your brand. Probably just need more experience using it.   Thanks again. I appreciate your concern :)