New Posts  All Forums:

Posts by Serena4016

I keep adding shortening until the candy melts drip off a spoon easily...sometimes it is quite a bit. Just keep stirring and heating for very short intervals and the shortening will all melt in.
Wow!! You are making pretty intricate baked goods for a bake sale!!
That would be 'cooking' chocolate... not 'cookoing chocolate'!! LOL
It also states...Eating chocolate is..."Glossy , hard , smooth and sold as confectionary, this varies widely in quality. Allow the cocoa butter content to be your guide"Couverture..." This is not an 'eating' chocolate. It is dull in appearance. Temper it before use so it sets to a hard, glossy finish."Baker's chocolate... " This a superior form of the common 'cookoing' chocolate. Not particularily flavorful, it is used mainly for decorative purposes."
I looked at the "Le Cordon Bleu" book again and it is written under "melting chocolate". So, I'm pretty sure they mean the type of chocolate that is ready to eat and made for eating as is...as opposed to chocolate that is made specifically for cooking with does not need to be tempered. It's all confusing to me!!!
Yes, type in gelatin butterflies in the search. Then scroll down to articles.
Did you do a search on here for them? I beleive there is a tutorial. I remember seeing one and I'm pretty sure it was on CC.
Yes, DianeLM, great advice!! I love CC!! I have learned almost every thing I know about decorating cakes from the people who have gone before me and done it all!! Thank-you!!
I have a book "Le Cordon Bleu, Dessert Techniques". In the tempering section this book states that "Unlike cooking chocolate, eating chocolate does NOT need to be tempered." Because I have no desire or time for that matter to play with tempering chocolate....I have been melting hershey kisses/candy bars for my chocolate coating and it works great!!(Hi Mimi, I'm Serena from HVBS. I always learn sooo..much from your expertise!! Thank-you!!)
Good Luck!! I don't see any way, honestly. It happens to me also and I just pick it/them out of the fondant. Short of working in a vacume sealed, sterilized enviroment where we scrub down and wear sterilized garments, hair nets or head coverings, gloves, etc...I think that it is damn close to impossible to prevent dust, lint, etc. from occasionally sticking to the stuff. I am certainly open to any suggestions also!!
New Posts  All Forums: