Posts by Claire138

Does anyone know if it is better for cakes to be in front of or in a room where there is AC or a fan? I've read conflicting things about both so am not sure. We are in the midst of some really muggy weather in low 90's and I'm wondering what is the best one to use? I've tried with the AC but haven't seen much of a discernible difference. My AC is only a portable one and not very strong even though with the door of the room where the cakes are shut the room does get very...
 Agree on both counts.
SPS
When I want that look I cut out 2 and glue a toothpick in the middle and stick them together, I then do a border of a different or the same colour going all the way round so that you can't see it's 2. I hope this makes sense.
  That's a new one to me. Wow.
 I agree with this, Buddy on his cake show does a lot of steaming and it always looks to me like the cakes are really wet almost to the dripping point.I've steamed handbag cakes but not always, I prefer the more 'worn' look.
Congratulations! you won't make another cake without it; I bought one last year and love it. Be careful though, it's very very sharp - I've had to have stiches. Don't let that put you of though, just be super careful,I can't praise it enough it's wonderful plus Maureen is a total sweetheart if you need to email her about anything.
You're welcome, good luck!
I would put it on the bottom bc you can "glue" it back together and then using a level thingy (I can't remember what they are called) you can make sure the top layer is completely level all way round which would be difficult with a cracked layer.
 I agree.