Posts by Claire138

I've made a couple, I use RKT. You only need the top half of the bottle as that is the part that sticks out the bucket.   Good luck.
9 hours early? Will the bride and family be ready? I hope there aren't any little kids - can you imagine what they'd look like being dressed and primped 9 hours in advance of the ceremony
I tried both spun sugar and bc this morning. BC wins hands down. The spun sugar is just too caramel in colour but the BC is perfect. Thanks so much K8.
Thanks K8 that sounds like a plan, plus I appreciate you pointing out how to do it as I'm not great at visualizing, I'll try that tomorrow morn. I'm determined to take the rest of today off, (it's trés authentic btw)
Thanks K8, I like the idea of white buttercream. I can sort of see that working if I do it correctly.   I like the idea of spun sugar but as you said not sure about how to get it white.
HI everyone,   I'm still wondering about this, do you think spun sugar will work?
I've had another thought too, If you are giving it as a gift then surely the design & size should be what you can afford both in financial and time you give and not on what they want?
  Brilliant! To the OP, family and friends are the worst clients. We've most of us been down this road, it's really hard to have to start charging but once you reach a certain level of expertise and professionalism you have to otherwise the only clients you have will be the non paying ones.
I love the idea of the upside pan K8 thanks! Am going to try it for a cake today & see how it goes,   Claire
Hmmm, I hear you; unfortunately the fridge idea is a no go and I think I'd be too nervous to try the ice packs. Ugh, I hate this humidity - even before I started caking and now even more so. Thanks though