Posts by Claire138

I also agree with this, I do a lot of football themed cakes (soccer for the Americans on here) and I once had a women who ordered a cake for her sons birthday (PSG T-shirt) who must have called me 20 times to make sure the colour would be exact. I had done plenty in the past but she felt that the colour had not been exact in those cakes and she wanted to make sure it would be exactly as the team colours. I actually appreciated her calling bc I was so worried that I went a...
  I agree, we are out worst/ biggest critics. Love the sparkles!
  That would be my only plan!
I'll just add another point about the straws, I have switched over (Leah's advice) to SPS. They are wonderful for transporting  & is an extra security esp if the client is picking up the cake.
 I agree.
I use kitchen towel or bubble wrap.
 That's interesting (I'm a skater too)
 That's so funny, it reminds me of last year when I was in the States visiting my parents we went to a store where they asked me my post code before paying. My mum was wondering around and I could not remember the post code (they hadn't been living there long). The cachier would not let me pay bc I didn't have a post code. I said to her "of what consequence is my post code to you? I don't even live in this country" she told me "it's store policy". Madness.
I don't know if all you Airbrush users do this already and I'm slow on the uptake but late last night I had finished a cake and was looking at it somewhat dismayed. I needed to remove all the cornflour, something I hate doing at the best of times and especially not late at night. I suddenly thought that I bet this would work with the airbrush. I filled the airbrush with some vodka and tried it on a small spot & Voila! The whole cake cleaned perfectly within a minute or...
This is what I do too.