Posts by trixie05

My bride now decided she wants a buttercream cake, 5 tiers, decorated with a nautical theme of fondant decorations and topper.  Living in Florida, with an hour's drive to the venue in warm humid June, will the figures remain on the sides of the cake or just slide off?   I will stack the cake on site, but they will not give me any extra time as they are quite busy with other parties.  Do I just "stick" the figures onto the cake, or is there another way to attach them? ...
How do I make an India Elephant cake topper for a groom's cake?  (They also want the bride & groom sitting on top of the elephant)   Also what's best to use, modeling chocolate or RKT?  Thank you.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.  You are awsome!  I just wish I could live three more lives to use all of these.
I also am a home baker & do about 1-2 cakes a month.  Would like to do more!  Once I had mother & daughter request a tasting for her 16th birthday cake.  However once they came to my house, met me & saw a few of my dummy cakes I had on display, and after we talked about their cake, nothing further was said.  I'm glad, as now I feel unless it is a large cake, I don't want to make 3-4 different cupcakes & separate fillings.
Thank you.  It's so much fun to see how others work including all the extra links.
Can't find anything since the new changes!  Tried your source & was told "Sorry, We could not find forum.cakecentral.com".  Do you know of any other place for marzipan vegies & fruits, photos & how to do's? Thanks.
Miriel, Can you please PM me the instructions too! Thanks
What is the best air brushing equipment for a home licensed cake decorator to purchase? I've seen too many cloging problems, but I can't afford to spend too much. Thanks.
Does canned frosting crust? Do I have to mix it with something like powdered sugar, buttercream frosting, or...? Thanks!
Oh Beckalita, I like the idea of cornstarch. My husband suggested that, but who listens to husbands, Even if he did go to CIA! Thanks all.