Posts by MimiFix

These cake cheats have no conscience. They only care about money and have no concern for others. If a problem arises they are not at fault. They will come here and vent, not tell the whole story, and become furious if we don't sympathize with their plight. Some CC members will come to Cheat's defense. Starting to sound familiar? 
That's annoying. My sympathies, Jen. Used ovens are plentiful, cheap, and reliable. That's what I would do.
Excel works quite well. No fancy icons, though  
I'm not sure what you mean. If your usual price is $2 per piece, then that's what you should charge. There's no surcharge because they were ordered for a wedding.   
Try contacting FLIP - Food Liability Insurance Program
 There's a momentary problem with the link. I'm sure Jen will have it fixed soon. Purchasing a recipe is a nice way to support small business owners, many of whom are fellow CC members. They answer questions here and give freely of their time and expertise.
You've been a member here for a few months, so I'm sure you've seen fellow members talk about the search bar. That bar can help you find the info you need. Type in How to Price and numerous threads will appear. Good luck!
My mom used an unusual measuring method. If she needed half a cup, she'd put 1/2 cup water into a measuring cup and then added shortening until the water reached the 1 cup line.   But still, it's more accurate and less messy if you measure by weight. Especially when working with an ingredient like shortening.
Brands of shortening yield different amounts. Fats are typically 2 cups = one pound, so I've found it safe to use that ratio for all brands of shortening.
In the US, the word "nuke" is slang for putting something into a microwave oven.