Posts by MimiFix

Beyond Buttercream's Base Cake Recipe is definitely worth it. There's a base recipe with numerous variations. And Jennifer walks you through the entire process, as if she was standing next to you in the kitchen.    
  Thank you for posting this, Rfisher. The part that amazed me, page 1061 of the report: "All employees, including the two with documented illness, denied being ill while working." 
 Dayti, it's a sad sign of the times. Here's a link, best recipe for white cake @FromScratchSF
 Good for you! In years past, Wilton built a solid reputation for quality products. Now they don't seem to care as much.
 You need to post more often. Love your sense of humor.  
 Bless you, msbelle, for your thoughtful, caring response. I strongly suggest that home bakers take the food safety courses offered for food workers. There's a difference between "powering through" a broken arm or appendicitis, and "powering through" anything contagious. The rationalizations on here are disturbing. I had hoped we could share other tips, such as how to find back-up before one becomes sick. But after reading about this issue in three separate, current...
Yes, of course, the liners should stick a little. That's what helps the product retain moisture. But sometimes the paper sticks too much. In attempting to peel off the liner, paper remains on the product or the product tears into pieces. As far as I can tell, that's the OP's issue. Not using liners is always an option; but this choice affects clean-up and moisture retention. 
 Regrettably, many cheap cakers are so clueless and so desperate for business, they charge very little and still give discounts. Unfortunately, there's an endless supply of these cheap cakers.    
 I don't understand this. Please explain. 
Are we voting? I concur with @ellavanilla and @MBalaska. My two favorite tools are the 6" offset spatula and a spoonula.