Posts by MimiFix

Good for you, klan30! The customer placed an order and the finished product was not correct. I find it unprofessional to save a few bucks (as someone suggested) and ask the customer if s/he is willing to take it. Customer service goes a long way if we want a long-term relationship with happy customers. I'm not sure why this thread is in the Cupcake forum since it's a business question. Business members often have different answers from the home or hobby bakers.
 Customers are happy with the fruit/buttercream filling; you can also use it as the icing. It looks nice and is easy to mix. I stopped making fruit fillings when I realized this was a great solution.
Agree. Sorry, but the customer should get a full refund.
 I agree with Leah. This info has been posted before, so I'm not sure why people still think they can "make a killing" at these events. Okay, I do know why. Someone asks this question and someone posts an anecdote about how they (or someone they heard about) made big bucks and it was easy-peasy. Then people chose to pay attention to the anecdote and not to info posted by experienced professionals.      
 With NY's CFL, paper goods still in original packaging may be stored anywhere, such as the basement or attic. But all appliances must be in the kitchen/dining room area. This prevents transporting food from the approved (clean area with a permit/license) into another part of the house that has potential for contamination. 
Your idea sounds delicious! I agree with Annie, the graham crackers should soften enough for cutting the cake. (After a few days the crackers may be much softer - a telltale sign of an older cake.) 
 That phrase never loses its charm. 
 "Some Assembly Required" Love that! 
 If she wouldn't even say hello, she may not have been happy with something. But she does sound like a royal pain...