Posts by doramoreno62

I never trim. If I feel the edges are too crisp, I wrap the cake in Plastic wrap 10 minutes after it is out of the oven. The cake will "steam" in the plastic and after a few hours or overnight, the edges will be soft. Plus the steam boosts the moisture in the cake itself.
Gracias to you both!!
I would just make a gumpaste or fondant plaque. Then I would use clear tape and cover the back of the printed image and stick that on the plaque with buttercream or piping gel. The clear tape would serve as a barrier so the image won't get greasy or spotty from the BC or gel. Obviously you would tell your customer that this is not edible and to remove the whole plaque before serving the cake..
For me, the Cricut Cake was a complete waste of money and time trying to figure it out. I got it when it just came out too. Paid almost $400. UGH!
The cake was due for NEXT Tuesday! It is a French Vanilla cake with cookies and cream filling. The filling was made of Pastry Pride, powdered sugar and crushed oreos. Its all put together and frosted with Pastry Pride. Can I Freeze it till Monday??
Here is a tutorial on how to get BC smooth using a paint roller   http://cakecentral.com/a/quick-easy-smooth-icing-using-a-roller-melvira-method   and here is one where you use a Viva paper towel to smooth BC   http://cakecentral.com/a/how-to-create-faux-fondant-the-paper-smoothing-towel-method-viva
bbsmom that is my baby, my pride and joy! Her name is Maya and she turned 5 this past August. LoveLoveLove her!
MILF and cookies, OMGeee that is brilliant! I like your hubby!
What about 4K's Sweet Stop? That will get rid of any mucky thoughts, including mine!
So I was reading another thread where the cake fell and SPS was mentioned. SPS is always mentioned when the cake falls, lol. Someone basically asked if the SPS was foolproof. I have never used them before. I use either pvc for larger cakes or bubble tea straws for smaller ones. I drive a wooden dowel in the center all the way down to the drum. I have never had an accident (knock on wood) in 26 years but I am very stressed during delivery as I deliver fully stacked. So,...