Posts by doramoreno62

Now that I think about it, re-pressing might not work. The cookie most likely expanded a bit while baking and adding thickness from the fondant or royal or glace, the cutter would no longer fit.
I WAS WONDERING THE SAME THING.
I tried the carrot today. I added the baby food as someone suggested. It was moist, but I didn't like the color. It looked and tasted like a spice cake. It was good, but I still like my scratch recipe better.
I use A little bit of ivory an even less of copper.
If you have an airbrush, I think it's less expensive to buy the Pearl Sheen Airbrush colors from Americolor. Less than $10 for 4.5 ounces.
I will attempt to make a RKT Elmo for the 1st time. Since I have never worked with RKT, I'd like to know if homemade or ready made is easier to work with? TIA!
I love doing them. I've found that if you use the cheaper store brand tub frosting (I use Vons) for the outline, it peels of cleaner. I tried with Duncan Hines and some of it stuck to the waxed paper when I lifted it. I've also done them on parchment paper although it's not as transparent as waxed paper.
Hmm...that post sure has alot of pages! I've never used Bettercreme but I'm sure it's almost the same as Pastry Pride. I know it's more expensive than PP, and if you choose to flavor it, I doubt there would be much of a difference. I'm going to buy some Bettercreme and check it out.
Good for you, patticakesnc. Question: do you ask for the castle back or does the customer get to keep it?
WoW! $285 plus shipping is still quite high in my book!