Posts by doramoreno62

I used indydebi's buttercream on parchment paper. It never sticks if I freeze it for a minimum of 1 hour. I tried it on waxed paper once, and it stuck.
Try using Pastry Pride. It's already stabilized. I use it on ALL my cakes and I've never had a problem with it. Good Luck!
I added a picture in my gallery if you're interested in the Lazy Susan decorating wheel!
Today I came upon this gem purely by accident. I have to decorate 120 wedding cake cut out cookies so I was sitting at the table decorating them while my DH was putting the blank ones in front of me and taking the finished ones away so I wouldn't have to keep getting up. Well he said to try putting them on the lazy susan and turn it as as I decorate them. It works great, I put a bowl of the pearls I was using in the center. You could also use your turntable too and this...
If that's even a word! I bought powdered color flow mix, the kind you just mix with water. It came out sort of fluffy, like marshmellow cream. It outlined great, and I've done my color flow. Is it supposed to be fluffy? Not too many air bubbles came up on the flooded cookies. My main concern is, will it dry by friday night so I can put the cookies in cellophane bags? I'm starting to worry!
You see?? This is why I LOVE this site! I didn't know this tip. Thanks bobwonderbuns and everyone else for the tips!
Brincess I thought of that but wouldn't the chocolate be too runny? I've never done this with chocolate.
Thanks everyone. I will be trying this method. Outline with RI, flood with white chocolate and detail the cookies with RI. I'm making 50th anniversary cookies for my aunt & uncle. Besides the fact that RI is very sweet, I think that the chocolate will dry faster. Will post pics later! Thanks again!
Hi all! I use Pastry Pride, which is a non dairy whipped topping that can be flavored with what ever you what. I rarely flavor it. It tastes good as is. It can definitely be stacked because you are stacking on pillars, dowels and plates, not directly on the cake. If you look at my photos EVERY ONE of my cakes are iced with PP. I took fondant classes but have NEVER been asked to make a fondant cake. I buy it at Smart & Final. It's very similar (or so I've heard) to...
Thanks CWR41, I will attempt this soon!