Posts by doramoreno62

Baskin Robbins' ice cream uses softened vanilla ice cream to frost their ice cream cakes.
This is the one that everyone loves. I get asked for the recipe every time! I got it from All recipies dot com and it's called Fourteen Karat Cake.Ingredients:2 cups all-purpose flour2 teaspoons baking powder1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda1 1/2 teaspoons salt2 teaspoons ground cinnamon2 cups white sugar1 1/2 cups vegetable oil4 eggs1 cup grated carrots1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained1/2 cup chopped walnuts1 cup flaked...
Oh no!! So sorry that happened to you. I have been using boxed mixes for 20+ years and have NEVER sifted before. I use Duncan Hines. But this reminds me of the time I made a last minute cake for someone. I told them I didn't have any cake mix so they went out and bought it and brought it to me. I mixed everything and as I was about to pour into the pans, I saw little wiggly worms in the mix!!! GROSS!!! I called my customer and told them. It turns out they had bought the...
If your buttercream crusts, I think you could paint it on with a mixture of luster dust and vodka. I've never tried it myself but I read it on here a while back.
I also use the disposable bags. It's such a hassle to wash the fabric ones. Good Luck!
Whatever you do, DO NOT make your roll from straight cake mix! I tried this several times and each time it broke while rolling and unrolling it. Maybe the recipe icer101 recommended will work since it is doctored. Good Luck!
Blakescakes Red velvet redux is my go to recipe for red velvet cake. It's dense, moist and delish! My mom had never had rred velvet so when she tasted this one she got hooked!
Ditto on the white chocolate!
I used indydebi's buttercream on parchment paper. It never sticks if I freeze it for a minimum of 1 hour. I tried it on waxed paper once, and it stuck.
Try using Pastry Pride. It's already stabilized. I use it on ALL my cakes and I've never had a problem with it. Good Luck!