Posts by doramoreno62

Hello Kitty head is pre made RKT. After forming it I covered it with candy melts and as the melts hardened, I smoothed it with a spatula as best as I could. After refrigerating it for an hour I smoothed it with my hands. The warmth of my hands smoothed it out very well. Then 1 last dunk in white candy melts for the final coat. The holds it together and the cereal inside is not rock hard.http://cakecentral.com//gallery/1919280
I have made more red velvet with cream cheese filling in the last 6 months than I ever have before!
Try freezing egg yolks. Separate the yolks from whites and stir gently. When frozen, egg yolks can thicken or become gel-like. To guard against this, mix in 1/8 teaspoon salt or 1½ teaspoons sugar per every four yolks. Strain and pour into a container. Attach a label with the number of egg yolks and date. One tbsp. of the yolk mixture equals one egg yolk.I got this from ehow. Hope it helps!
Sorry for the confusion! Yes you can use it as a filling, no matter if you are frosting with buttercream or using fondant. However I use a whipped TOPPING not cream with my fresh strawberries. It holds up much longer than real whipped cream. I use Pastry Pride non dairy whipped topping. I also frost all my cakes with it. In my area, no one asks for fondant and very rarely do I get a request for buttercream.
You can get one for under $40 at e f a v o r . c o m no spaces. I got mine there a few years ago and it works great! I actually have a couple of pics in my photos if you're interested. Not my favorite accessory either but since the fountain was so inexpensive, I decided to do the cakes as requested.
If the label isn't too detailed, you could try to trace it on to rice paper or wafer paper. Use non toxic markers. I did this on a Corona bottle cake in my photos. On the Patron bottle cakes I just printed one from the web on regular paper and placed it on top, just like suzied said.
There is a spray you can use, I think it's called edible varnish. Maybe you can Google it? I've never tried it but I've seen threads on this site. Good Luck!
Ah el famoso chocoflan! Es facilisimo hacer lo. Yo lo hago asi: preparo el molde como normal y le pongo cajeta al molde solo en la parte de abajo. Luego preparo mi receta de pastel de chocolate o moka y lo pongo en el molde encima de la cajeta. Luego preparo mi receta de flan y despacito se lo pongo encima del pastel. Lo horneo a 325 for 1 hora. Lo dejas reposar 1 hora y despues lo metes al refri por lo menos 5 horas. Yo lo dejo toda la noche. Luego lo volteas como...
Maybe I misunderstood the OP's question. Of course whipped topping will work as a filling, I use it all the time. I thought she was asking if it could be used under the fondant. In that case no, it cannot.
Whipped topping under fondant will not work. The whipped topping breaks down the fondant and makes it a sticky gooey mess!