Posts by doramoreno62

gladysrdz24 yes I do tres leches and I should have mentioned that that is the only cake I do without filling. I use Duncan Hines mixes only. I charge the same as for filled cakes because I although I'm only baking 1 cake instead of 2 (top & bottom layers) I use the same amount of mix and the milk mixture compensates for the filling on a regular cake. I collar the pan so the mix won't spill while baking and use 2 flower nails to help bake evenly. It bakes up about 3" tall...
Filled sheet cakes are very common for me. I've never made one without filling. Fresh strawberries is my most requested filling but I do custards, mousses, anything. I don't torte, I bake 2 seperate layers for each cake. Actually, I rather do that than try torting without one of the layers breaking! I charge $30 for 1/4, $50 for 1/2 and $80 for a full sheet. Now please know that I do not use the expensive fondant (no one ever requests it) I frost 99% of my cakes with...
Hmm I've never done that before but I'd try pouring on a silicone mat or silpat. My cake supply store carries gelatin sheets already made. They are probably about 8"x4" in size. Good Luck!
Have you seen Wiltons new line called Punch Cut Decorate? They are a bunch of giant paper punches and sugar sheets. The sugar sheets can be cut with the punch or cut by hand and they have black sheets available. I bought a bunch of punchers and sugar sheets at Michaels. They may work for this cake. If you go to my pictures, look at the Mickey Mouse cake. The black Mickey silhouettes were hand cut from a black sugar sheet, as were the circles from other color sheets. Once...
I also agree. Especially when the cake is RED VELVET!!! Come on now!
I have also added Pastry Pride to a lemon sleeve filling. It was not lemony enough so I also added a small packet of lemon pudding. Oh my gosh was it good!
For kids cakes, I use gumballs. They come in all colors and are relatively cheap. You can see them in my Hello Kitty Zebra cake.
Babyprincess el que venden en Costco se llama Bettercreme Ready to whip topping o tambien puede ser Rich's Ready to whip topping. No se cal de Los 2 vendan son casi la misma cosa. Suerte!
It looks great!
I've never tried this before but it's on my "just in case" list. Substitute 1 tablespoon of mayo for each egg. If you try this, please let me know how it turs out. It makes sense, sort of. After all, mayo is basically eggs and oil.