Posts by doramoreno62

I'd also worry more if it was 2 or more tiers. At least I've never had any problems resulting from someone carrying a 1 tiered cake in their lap.
Wow what a great deal! I got mine last Mothers Day for just under $300I hope you like yours because I don't like mine too much, lol!
Kimmiesue I subscribe to a website called tip nut . Com (no spaces) and I get weekly tips from baking to painting to DYI projects. I went back to the cupcake packaging tip and it was submitted by Anna from cookiemadness . Net (no spaces)I checked out the site and it's pretty informative!Mcurry, Anna says she doesn't frost the cupcake all the way to the edge on purpose so the icing won't smear on the sides of the cup.
http://www.cookiemadness.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/packaging-cupcakes.jpg9 oz hefty cup in clear cellophane bag. How easy is this!!!
Mine crack too if the balls or pops are too cold. I let them sit out from the fridge 15 minutes before dipping and I also make sure the chocolate isn't too warm. I also thin my chocolate down with Paramount Crystals. I think this makes them smoother.
Pastry Pride is the only thing I use to frost my cakes. I can get it as smooth as buttercream. Pastry Pride, Frosting Pride and Bettercreme are all very similar. I don't know where you are but I buy I buy it at Smart & Final in California. I believe you can buy Bettercream at Costco and Sams. But please know that these do not crust. I smooth mine with a very warm spatula and 25 years of practice!Good luck!
Easier still, buy Wiltons Sugar Sheets. You can easily cut them into ribbons and put them on the cake with no worries. I use them all the time.
How about fondant squares with edible silver leaf on them?I've never done it but I know there is edible gold and silver leaf available. I guess you could just google it. Hope that helps!
I just did my 1st ganache cake tonite and I'm pretty surprised at how easy it was to cover. It's in my photos if you want to look at it.I did frost it in buttercream before pouring the ganache. It made for a smooth finish.This is what I did. First I put the cake under a piece if foil covered foam board that was cut just a bit smaller than the cakeAfter assembling and filling the cake I refridgerated for about 1 hourThen I frosted it in buttercream (indydebbies recipe) and...
OK! My cake is finished and I'm very happy with the way it turned out. It's in my photos if you're interested. Thanks for the help and advise!