Posts by doramoreno62

So it's been raining all day here. I've never had the weather really affect the way my cakes bake but today, everything I've baked did not rise as usual. 2 12inch marble cakes, 24 cupcakes and a loaf of pumpkin bread. Thank goodness everything is baked thru but just not as tall as usual. Blame it on the rain...
What if you cut out a hole big enough for the dowel to pass thru before the melts are completely dry? You can cut it with a small circle cutter if you have one. Maybe even a knife.Or after it hardens maybe you could make the hole by warming something metal with a tubular handle (I'm thinking a cooking spoon perhaps?) or the circle cutter and melting a hole into it?I've never tried this but those are my ideas. I hope I've helped you somewhat or at least inspired you to try...
I also put them next to a fan on parchment paper.
Sweetdreams, it really doesn't affect the density of the cake. I thought it would too but after trying it once, I got hooked. Unless of course the dome is super tall, then I guess it would be better to cut it off. I got this tip from a poster here on CC (can't remember who!). I think the website is monkeysee . com http://www.monkeysee.com/play/983-cake-decorating-three-ways-to-get-a-level-cake (mod edited to provide working link to exact video) and search 3 ways to level a...
One thing I always do besides the flower nail is as soon as the cake comes out of the oven, put a clean dish towel or tea towel on top of the dome and with a cardboard circle that is a bit bigger than your pan, push the dome down. You push down until the circle touches the top of the pan. Hold it down for 10-15 seconds. This will level your cakes to the exact height of your pan. You won't have to saw off the dome. But this must be done while the cake is still hot! Not 2,4...
I'd also worry more if it was 2 or more tiers. At least I've never had any problems resulting from someone carrying a 1 tiered cake in their lap.
Wow what a great deal! I got mine last Mothers Day for just under $300I hope you like yours because I don't like mine too much, lol!
Kimmiesue I subscribe to a website called tip nut . Com (no spaces) and I get weekly tips from baking to painting to DYI projects. I went back to the cupcake packaging tip and it was submitted by Anna from cookiemadness . Net (no spaces)I checked out the site and it's pretty informative!Mcurry, Anna says she doesn't frost the cupcake all the way to the edge on purpose so the icing won't smear on the sides of the cup.
http://www.cookiemadness.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/packaging-cupcakes.jpg9 oz hefty cup in clear cellophane bag. How easy is this!!!
Mine crack too if the balls or pops are too cold. I let them sit out from the fridge 15 minutes before dipping and I also make sure the chocolate isn't too warm. I also thin my chocolate down with Paramount Crystals. I think this makes them smoother.