Posts by doramoreno62

I have only used ganache once, and it was poured because it needed to be shiny. I let the leftover sit out and it set up pretty nicely. Now I'm wondering if i were to whip it, would it be more light and fluffy? I would have tried it with the leftovers but I kept stealing a spoonful here and there til I finished it. Oh well...has any one out there tried whipping it?
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/267760_2254113871249_1200363613_32707222_5644865_n.jpgMine was similar to this but they were front doors instead of a window.
I did a very simple but cute house warming cake. It was a 10" round. On the top was a replica of the front doors of the new home with the house number above it. The top and bottom borders were grass with a few flowers here and there and a couple of butterflies. I think grass green would look great against the darker ganache. Under the doors I wrote May God Bless Our Home. It was all very simple and cartoonish. It wasn't elegant, but that's what they wanted. Of course, I...
It lasts a veeeery long time in the fridge, I guess because it's all crisco. I've had a batch for about 3 months in the fridge and it's still good. I really only use it for buttercream transfers. I go in a steal a spoonful every couple of weeks just to be sure it's hasn't gone bad. And also because I love the taste!
I also have never heard of Kmart having a bakery. But good luck!
Carmen500 that's a perfect tool to use! When I first posted a reply to the OP's question, that's what had in mind but you hit it right io the nail head. That's what I would use.
When I use my 3inch tall pans, I get a 3inch tall cake. If you used a 3inch tall pan and got a 1.75inch tall cake, I think you need to add more batter.
I think this might go very well with your cake. It is not too sweet.Cinnamon Mascarpone Frosting1 (8-ounce) tub of mascarpone cheese1 Tablespoon cinnamon2 teaspoons vanilla1 cup powdered sugarpinch of salt2 cups heavy creamhttp://bakedbree.com/mexican-chocolate-cake-with-mascarpone-frosting
I don't normally refrigerate a ganached cake unless it's very hot.
So it's been raining all day here. I've never had the weather really affect the way my cakes bake but today, everything I've baked did not rise as usual. 2 12inch marble cakes, 24 cupcakes and a loaf of pumpkin bread. Thank goodness everything is baked thru but just not as tall as usual. Blame it on the rain...