Posts by doramoreno62

Abryuak, I've never heard of a 2 layer cookie cake. Do you make them? What filling do you use? I would imagine even 1 slice of a 2 layer cookie cake would be a lot of cookie!
You can buy beer bottle molds from www.decoratethecake.wahmweb.com(Mod edited to provide working link.) (remove spaces) for $35 to $50 if you'd rather not risk it! I'm considering it!
You're asking about what filling to use, right? Well you should color white or vanilla cake. The taste shouldn't be affected by coloring it so you can use a filling that goes with white or vanilla. Practically anything goes with white or vanilla cake!
Danni73 I would outline the indentations with white buttercream (or in my case, Pastry Pride) before covering with fondant or stars. I don't work with neither buttercream nor fondant, only Pastry Pride. So I would say piping the stars would be easiest since it's similar to doing them with PP.
Use Isomalt. It stays clear. You can buy it online at Amazon, sugar craft or Global Sugar Art. Some cake supply stores carry it too. It comes in crystal form or sticks. You add some water and melt it like sugar.
My guess is your oven may not be level.
Mi urea=minutes. Darn iPad!
That happened to me once. I beat it for another 10 mi urea and it stiffened up pretty good. Or, maybe you added too much liquid?
It's beautiful! You dun good,lol!
Are you using a regular fork? I use the Wilton dipping set and although it nearly impossible to get a perfect ball, it's better than a regular fork. I sometimes dip them with a regular pop stick and dry on styrofoam. Don't dip all the way down to the stick though or you won't be able to remove them cleanly. Once dry, remove from stick and dip just the bare part. It will still leave a mark but not so obvious. Depending if you are decorating them sometimes you can hide the...