Posts by doramoreno62

You tube also has some great video tutorials. It's always good to see it in a different persective.
Wait...you want it to shine or you don't want it to shine?I like the shiney look. Toba Garrets glace dries pretty shiney. Pre packaged royal icing does not.
I have left my batter in the fridge up to a week. I use it right out of the fridge, not even letting it come to room temperature and it works great!
Is there a way for this not to happen? After cutting out my gumpaste decorations, I lay them either on parchment or wax paper to dry. I have tried drying them under a fan and in the oven with the light on. They dry beautifully...from the front. The back always ripples due to the moisture evaporating and making the paper ripple. Tonite I cut out a headboard for a bed cake and the back of it does not make me a happy camper! What can I do so this won't happen?
I agree with the last 4 posters. I would definitly use it. All the weight of the cake will bear upon the support system, not the bottom layer. The bottom layer could be made of jello and with a good support sysytem, it would not fall apart.
It looks great! Congrats, I'm sure Isabella and her family will love it!
Hey, not bad! I can't wait to see the finished cake!
Don't forget to post a picture!
Gumpaste alone will harden enough to crack a tooth! Even a 50/50 mix of gumpaste and fondant will harden very well. I'm not too sure about fondant alone, though. I think it's too soft.
You know, I've always wondered this myself. I don't use fondant, I use Pastry Pride but I see the shows on TV where it takes them days to make a cake, yet when they cut into it, it looks soft. I'm curious now...