Posts by doramoreno62

Or you could try cutting the letters out of a yellow Wilton sugar sheet. If you have a cricut, then that's even better. If this not a feasible idea, I'd go with piping with Royal Iving.
Ugh, yes! I've tossed a lot of chocolate because of the same reason. I stumbled upon a recipe that worked great for me. It's your basic recipe, the only diffence is you heat the corn syrup before stirring into the chocolate. I use 8 oz chocolate and 3 oz corn syrup. Heat syrup in a small pot until it just starts to boil. Add to cooled (but still liquid) chocolate. Stir to combine. Dont over mix. You should have a smooth paste. It will have a bit of oil, but not a lot. Pour...
I stumbled upon a recipe that worked great for me. It's your basic recipe but the difference is that your heat the corn syrup. The warm syrup stirred with the warm chocolate gives it more time to "come together" if that makes sense. Do not over mix or it will get really oily.8 oz chocolate (I used candy melts because thats what I had on hand) 3 oz of corn syrup (I used light corn syrup) plastic wrap Instructions 1 Melt the chocolate over a double boiler. To create a double...
You are very welcome! A few pointers about modeling chocolate, it can be tempermental! If you over mix it, it will get very oily and gritty. I have thrown away several batches. I just stumbled upon a very easy recipe and it worked great! I made the black rope border on my Wild Animals cake in my photos. I hand rolled it since it had to be a bit thick. The recipe is pretty basic except that in this particular recipe you heat the corn syrup. I hope it works for you. Here is...
Edible shimmer spray would work. I have a horrible time brushing dusts on. They never seem to come out even, always splotchy. Here's a link. it's available in 3 colors.http://www.thebakerskitchen.net/Shimmer-Edible-Aerosol-Spray.aspx
Wow thats a toughie. The blue is such a stong color I'm not sure it wouldn't bleed into the royal icing. What about white modeling chocolate? I don't think it would bleed into it. As far as making pinstripes, you could use an extruder. It might be worth a try!
Although it looks straight, once the fondant is back on ,the weight of it may be dragging the cake down.I would disassemble and reassemble with the boards in between the layers. freezing it was a great idea. Can you carefully disassemble some of it so it could fit in your freezer? Or lay it sideways maybe?
Dang I'm sorry you have to do that. This is how I would assemble: Bottom layer, filling, top layer, 4 dowels, foil covered cake board (so it won't absorb any moisture and get soggy), another layer, filling, layer. 4 dowels, foil covered cake board and so on up to the height you want. Then hammer a very sharp pointed dowel down the center thru all cake layers and boards till you get to the bottom. This will prevent the cake from shifting or sliding. Then decorate as needed....
I don't know if you did this or not, but I would put cake boards and dowels to seperate every 2 layers. It would not sink after that. i do this for all my very tall cakes.
I googled Alternative to corn syrup, and this is what I got. I haven't tried this but it just may work. If you do try it, please post your results!LIGHT CORN SYRUP SUBSTITUTE 2 c. white sugar3/4 c. water1/4 tsp. cream of tartarDash of saltCombine all ingredients in a heavy, large pan. Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and put cover on it for 3 minutes to get sugar crystals off the sides of the pan. Uncover and cook until it reaches soft ball stage. Stir...