Posts by doramoreno62

I was wondering if I could emboss on modeling chocolate with either an embossed rolling pin or one of those embossing mats. Has anyone done this? Does the chocolate keep its shape or does the design "soften" due to warm weather?I was thinking about trying this on cupcakes. Thanks for any help.
It's a1/4 sheet. I lined up cupcake liners (while waiting for my cake to bake) and the space inside measured approximately 13"x9"Refund is due!
That looks like a 1/4 sheet cake. That and 20 cupcakes for $250.00???? Wow she sure did get ripped off! I'm sorry for your friend but what she got will not serve 100. She should definitely ask for some money back.
Whipped cream and fondant are enemies! I vote for ganache.
I use Pastry Pride which is about the same as Bettercream. I use that 100%, no one around here ever asks for fondant or even buttercream! If you look thru my gallery, you can see what can be done with a non dairy stabilized whipped cream topping.
I found this video on you tube. The only thing I would change is to make a "wall" out of cardboard to hold the dry ice in. I would think that with transportaion movement, the ice would be bouncing around.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUAt7TfI_H0&feature=channel&list=ULor just go on you tube and search for "How to make a cake delivery box" by CaljavaInt
Hmmm...I have only worked with ganache a couple of times but I'm pretty sure only poured ganache stays glossy even when set. I don't think it would be glossy once it sets in the container and you pipe with it. And I know for sure if you whip it, it loses the gloss.I have seen and heard (but never used) of an edible lacquer pray or shellac that is used for cake decorating. I know that thebakerskitchen.net carries it. It might work.Good luck!
I myself would do it this way, if it is just a sheet cake with no filling, I would bake the cake with either a round pyrex bowl or a ball pan (weighted down with dried beans) in the middle of it. Leave the round pan in it when turning it out of the square pan,then flip again when putting it on the actual board it will be served on. Then remove the round bowl and decorate.If it's going to have filling, then I would bake it without the round bowl, cool and fill as usual then...
Wow! you can't beat that deal. I use fondant for decorations, roses, etc but not for covering cakes. I'm in California, I'm going to check Party City 1st thing in the morning. Thank you!
Im not sure, I've never used it. I've seen it here:http://www.thebakerskitchen.net/Shimmer-Edible-Aerosol-Spray.aspxI use my airbrush machine when I m=need to add shimmer to cakes.