Posts by doramoreno62

Formynana, I made that recipe too and it sucked! It made regular sanding sugar. It was not glittery at all like the picture that was used, which by now everyone has determined was not picture of the actual product. It was a generic picture of plastic craft glitter. I was very dissapoined
In regards to getting the tappit letters to release, I roll out my gumpaste thin then let it sit for 10-15 minutes until the top dries. Then use the tappits like regular. They dont stick very often and if they do, just tap it on the counter and they pop right out. I think thats why they are called tappits!
I have not tried the sugar sheets yet. I have done one icing transfer....I would be assuming they are exactly the same? I purchased a few sheets of wafer paper from the craft store, do you know if tracing onto that with edible marker would be the same? im sure it's less expensive, but curious as to if it will work. Thanks for the advice![/quote] I don't see why they shouldn't work. Just be careful. Wafer paper tends to wrinkle and tear easily when it comes in contact with...
I got my Canon IP3600 from ebay for $70 a few months ago. I love it! It came with non edible inks which I turned around and listed on ebay and sold for $25I got my edible inks and sheets from icingimages.com.Everything works great!
lovetobake910, have you ever tried the Wilton sugar sheets? I love them for making stripes, whether they be zebra or any kind of stripes. They come in all colors. I love the black sheets for making zebra stripes. Take a look at my gallery pics and you will see several zebra striped cakes where I have used them. All you have to do is cut them out with scissors or an exacto knife a place them on your cake. No need to roll fondant. They are super easy to use!
I googled How to make gelatin sheets and I got nothing. It is also called Leaf Gelatin. Do you have a local cake supply near you? I'm sure they would have them.
My cake supply store carries clear gelatin sheets. They are very thin and would look like glass. http://www.kitchenkrafts.com/gelatin-sheet-20-sheets/p/IN0160/
Gumpaste dries really hard. Or you could wrap a wooden dowel in the correct diameter with fondant or gumpaste.
Since it pretty small, for a 6 inch topper, I would make it out of gumpaste.
Here in California there are a chain of candy stores called Sweet Factory. They are usually in the malls. I bought lego candies there for a lego cake that I made. So much easier that making them!