Posts by doramoreno62

Yikes! I don't know if I would like to chew thru all that confetti spackled with gold
I put mine in the microwave as Dayti suggested. It always works and once it cools down it dries faster.
You could try airbrushing it gold.
                                                                                                                                                                    Can you guys give your opinion as to why this cake collapsed??   So this cake is a 10" carrot cake with cream cheese filling and a 12" marble cake with Bavarian cream filling. 7 bubble tea straws were used as dowels and a center wooden dowel was also used. It was picked up around 8am so the weather was...
yortma that is brilliant!
I love this stuff. I actually buy it at TJ Max or Marshalls and Home Goods. I think it's around $5-$6 I don't know if you have those store near you.
Add some cornstarch, as much as you can knead in. Add it in about 1/2 tsp increments
I glue the cake down on the board with melted chocolate. If your cake is cold it will harden and that baby ain't going anywhere!
I would use melted chocolate and skewers
I would spray an edible sheet with gold airbrush paint on both sides, letting each side dry before spraying the other side. If it's not shiny enough for you, you could dry dust with 24 kt powder. Once dry, use a small paper punch to punch out lots of gold sequins.