Posts by tokazodo

I purchase the pans from Sam's last year. I love them. They are well made. I use parchment paper on them and after a year of abuse, they still look like new. And they fit in a standard oven. ;)
Yes leah_s, you are quite right. Oh my gosh, the time it saved! I did 4 layers in less the 2 minutes! And talk about customer service! Maureen called me about a mix up on my address and we chatted for almost 20 minutes. She was giving me little tips and pointers about using the Agbay leveler. I've used it twice so far, I get to use it tomorrow and I am already loving the way it tortes and levels. A worthy investment indeed! 
Sold! After 45 minutes of torting and leveling a 4 tier wedding cake with tooth picks and a bread knife and still having it a little wonky, I am over it. I'm ordering it today. Leah_s, you sold me!
I gave away a brownie recipe once. ONCE! The person I gave it to turned around and sold the brownies for a profit. I thought to myself, Gee its not like I couldn't use some extra cash kicking around!"  Never again! If it's a baking recipe I simply say, "I'm sorry, I don' share my recipes." 
Last year I had someone call to order a 40th wedding anniversary cake and completely forgot about the order. I used to hand write my orders, and then stick them too the calendar at home, and then rewrite at the shop, or actually take the large desk calendar back and forth.  The customer came looking for the cake. I was an hour and a half away, in the bathroom at Wendy's when I got the call.  I felt so bad and I had an 1 1/2 to think on the way home. (I don't even...
You could do it as an optical illusion. The legs don't actually support the flamingos, the flamingos are attached to the cake or on a pick which is stuck into the top of the cake, yet close to the edge. The legs are simply there for show, not support. They could just lean in place, or be 'glued', to the sides of the cake.    Hope this helps. 
It's your last line, here that jumps out at me. I live on an island, on the Outer Banks of N.C. I have had buttercream do the strangest things. Humidity is not my friend! Many times, I have to work in 80-90 degrees with 80% humidity. (Try stacking wedding cake in that weather!) I have had to learn to trouble shoot my buttercream until I have come up with a nice stable product.  I am curious: What were the weather conditions when you made your icing? What was the humidity...
I have made a mocha flavored buttercream by using Chocolate Crusting Buttercream and adding some instant coffee that has been diluted. I use about 1 tsp of instant coffee to about 2 tablespoons of water and then slowly add it to the buttercream to get a light mocha/coffee/chocolate flavor.    Hope this helps. 
According to the cottage law in N.C. if you have a dog in the home you are trying to bake out of, it is considered a 'pest', similar to mice etc.... It makes good sense. I don't know about you, but there is no way, I can account for each and every dog hair my dog sheds. 
A good accountant is worth their weight in gold.  If an issue comes up with the Infernal Revenue Service, the account handles it, not me.  She's worth every dime I pay her!