Posts by BlessP

I am trying to convert my recipes into grams. So I started looking online for the conversion. Then I realized that most of them have different weight but the same ingredients . For example I found 1 cup of all purpose flour=128 g and then the other website is saying 1 cup all purpose flour=110 grams. That is a huge difference . Can you guys please post a link of the most reliable conversion table that you use? Thank you
I forgot about the General Liability Insurance. Most commercial kitchen they require you have that, the same as the farmer's market.
First you have to get your fictitious business name.Call the Department of Environmental Heath for a Caterer's Health PermitYou also need a Food Safety Class certification before you can get the Caterer's Health PermitFind a commercial kitchen that you can rent because they will require that before they can give you the Caterer's Health PermitThen you go back to the City to get your business license and if you have a storefront, that has a commercial kitchen you have to...
Do you guys know of a reliable web designer who can make a website with a cart?Where do you guys order your custom made boxes and paper bags?
Hello guys,Do you know of anybody that rents out a commercial kitchen in the Tri-Valley area? I have emailed gourmade and she is currently full right now. I also emailed another one but he have a minimum of 10 hours a month per month and it's $30 per hour. I just don't think that I can consume the 10 hours in a month, since I am still starting.Where do you guys advertise? I am talking about magazines and stuff for wedding cakes. Please share any information about this...
Hello,We will be going to New York for a week in October and I am wondering if you guys know of a good 1 day class that teaches flower making, pulled sugar, marzipan and other stuff that is a little bit more advance than what they offer at Michael's. I saw some classes at Ices but they don't have an October schedule yet. Thank you
I have a question regarding cupcake business. A friend of mine have yogurt shop and she wanted to sell cupcakes in her yogurt shop. She wanted me to make it for her. My question isDo I have to provide the packaging of the cupcakes for her(boxes, cupcake liners and etc.)?How many flavors of cupcake should we display?How many cupcakes in each flavor should we display everyday?Do you sell your 1 day old cupcakes for a cheaper price or throw them out?Our arrangement is she...
I will try chilling it overnight and see what happens. Thank you
hmm, I see I just use halfbutter and half crisco. I didn't like the taste of all butter
How do you make your buttercream hardened like that in amazing wedding cakes? I saw that when they take the cake out of the fridge their buttercream is really hard that their hand print won't even dent it. Did they freeze the iced cakes before covering it with fondant? I have tried using crusting buttercream and non-crusting buttercream. Both of them I always put them in the fridge for a few hours righta fter frosting but it's not as hard as what I saw on TV...