Posts by sarascakecreations

Help!   My brother in law is getting married November 2015 and he has just asked me to do his wedding cake. I have been doing cakes for 5 years so I'm confident and honoured he has asked. BUT both my kids will be in the bridal party and ofcourse we will all be at the church and then to a park for photos after.   Now he has spoken to the hall and they say I can drop off the cake the night before tiered separate and then I would arrive 30 minutes or so early on the day...
Thal you so much! Wonderful advice everyone! The groom told me he woul call on Sunday and he never did. Either the cake didn't fall, or he just let it go? I'm sure they are on thir honeymoon so I guess now I sit and wait.
Howsweet The groom called at 4:30 and his ceremony was to begin at 5:30. I told him I could head over there but I was 1 hr away on the other side of town at a party as well. He said not to come if it would take me 1hr but that he wanted to call and let me know. Your right I should've asked him to snap a pic and send it but I guess in the moment I was just shocked as this has never happened before that I just didn't ask. Your right there is no 100% way of him knowing of...
FloraCakes I used the thick plastic hollow cake pillars cut to size. What I have used for every wedding cake so far, so I don't understand how this happened. AAtKT good idea, although I doubt they will be able to get them to me tomorrow which is when the groom plans to call me to go over the situation. After thinking it over I am thinking of giving them $200 back? And ofcourse asking for pictures so I can see if the table was moved or not. Thoughts? Thanks in advance!
But the groom says the kitchen staff says no one moved the table. I will have no way of ever know the honest truth and I just don't know what to offer them? Sara
Hello everyone, So I made a 5 tier wedding cake today 3 tiers real and 2 tiers fake. Delivered it about 30min away set up took pictures left etc. while I was there the florist said oh we may have to move the table bc it's not center. Fast forward to tonight I get a phone call from the groom telling me the cake is leaning and looks as if it may fall and the kitchen staff thinks it won't last the night. I am heartbroken! I had a crappy wedding cake and vowed to always do...
Hello,   A local cake shop is having a sale and one thing they are selling is a used cricut cake. The woman claims she is not tech savy therefore it is just collecting dust. So question is do you have one and is it useful? Do you use it often and does it do a good job? Or do you find it's a waste of time and too collects dust in your place? I work out of home and do not have a storefront if that helps and I make anywhere from 1-4 cakes per week, cupcakes, cookies, etc....
Thank you so much! This has opened up a whole new world for me! And thanks for the recipe that was going tkt be my next question! Sara
Sorry thought I included the pic!
I have never tasted these but live too far from the place that makes them... They are apparently called strawberry mascarpone petit gateau whatever that means lol. It's not a French bakery either so I would love a little help. I'm wondering if the strawberry stuff is strawberry purée or compote, and what would the white layer be some type of mascarpone cream? Anyone have a recipe? How about the topping? They look so delicious and would love to make them for my daughters...