Posts by Donnawb

I love to drink vanilla almond milk.  I've used it in buttercream frosting, but haven't baked with it.  I didn't care for the flavor it gave my buttercream.  It was too much of a "nutty" flavor for me.  Although, when I drink it, I don't feel that it has a huge nut flavor.
Where can you find the copyright law that says what you can and cannot do?  And, what constitutes a "likeness"?  Are all the cake pops that are just a silhouette of Mickey and Minnie with black ears against the law?
I make mostly only cake pops, so I follow a lot of blogs, books, articles, etc.  A lot of the professional type poppers don't add anything to their crumbled cake.  They mix it in a food processor or standing mixer until a dough forms.  From what I've read it's easier to get it to the consistency you want if you mix it when the cake is warm because the steam makes it bind together easier.    This isn't my method, but thought I would share what I've read. 
I do what Sakura Blossom does.  You should make a cake this week and try freezing some rolled balls and freeze some fully decorated cake pops, thaw both and see what works best for you. 
Floral foam from the Dollar Store, and put shredded paper around the top to hide the foam.  If the foam doesn't stay in place, put wadded up tissue paper around the sides to make everything stable.
I just put them in a bakery box.  If I stack them, I put tissue or nice napkins in between the layers, and try to arrange them so that they are not on top of each other, but the cake pops lay on the sticks.
I like Guittard as well.  If you're near a Hobby Lobby, their brand, Make N Mold is really good....the white color melts in the large bag.  If you don't have access to paramount crystals, you can thin the chocolate with shortening.  However, Guittard white and Make N Mold in white usually don't need to be thinned.
My cake pops start at $1.75 each, which are simple round cake pops with sprinkles.  Shapes or pops that require a lot of decoration start at $2.50.  I live in a depressed area.  People in the larger town up the road an hour charge more.  The amount of cake and ingredients are usually comparable to a cupcake. 
I use shortening or paramount crystals to thin my chocolate.  It sounds like you might be getting your chocolate too hot when you reheat it.  During the dipping process, occasionally reheat your chocolate at 50% power in the microwave for 30 seconds.  Also, try using different containers to heat your chocolate.  Glass, ceramic, silicone, plastic all react to heat differently when you put them in the microwave and can affect how your chocolate reacts.   As far as...
I live in central California, and I thought the whole process was super easy.  However, I was one of the first people to get a permit in my county, so it may be a little more difficult now.